Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Yep, a very moving gig on account of the Metamatic opening and the Ultravox material. John was very dignified with great projections.

Gary turned up at the end with an Ipad, presumably to keep an eye on the live stream from his babysitter whilst he and Ade bounced around manically. Sounded from the constant levels as if they'd made the set earlier and were miming with the gear - but who cared as they sounded great. I didn't see Gary plug his Mac laptop in. A fine day.

Wow! highlights for me were Burning Car,Underpass,Quiet Men & Slow Motion.

It was me that asked the question about a release via the comments on the live stream, it's good news it will get released.

The concert was good, the stream picture was diabolical at times but the sound was good, bit disappointed "The Pleasures Of Electricity" was n't given a place in the set, I felt the middle of the set was a bit flat to be honest but then the Ultravox stuff made up for that, "Quiet Men" was awesome.

I think "Destination" for me has to be regarded as a classic John Foxx track.

Hi gary

Show was filmed on 5 cameras intention is to release on dvd according to various people i spoke to after the gig

Brian

It is excellent that a DVD will be coming out Brian.

Regards the gig, like a few people have said an a couple of other threads the section with Lois Gordon just did n't work, it sounded like a jumbled mess and things struggled to get back on track after that, I suppose it was n't easy to follow that section with material that people were n't familiar with.

Thankfully the Ultravox section was really excellent.

B
B
I thought the whole gig was excellent--I really liked the fact that John had a full band backing him--it did a lot to enrich the songs, IMHO.

I also enjoyed seeing everyone from the forum--those I already knew, and the new people I met. Fantastic time--people wonder why I always fly in from the States to see Foxx, but he's always worth it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brigid:
people wonder why I always fly in from the States to see Foxx
I don't wonder at that at all. laugh I would have done the same if I could have afforded it. I will have to be content to save my pennies for the DVD (hopefully a DVD CD combo.) Very much looking forward to it! Very happy for all those who attended!

Sounds like a great night. Could anybody provide a setlist of the night?

Quote:
Originally posted by Your Shadow:
Sounds like a great night. Could anybody provide a setlist of the night?
It's here Andy .. http://www.metamatic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000582;p=1

Thanks MemberD

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.