Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10570 02/20/07 08:54 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
It seems such a short time since the affluenza of Christmas, yet here we stand already at the beginning of Lent facing a much-needed period of reflection and self-restraint.
I always consider the journey of Lent to be one of re-appraisal; an opportunity to address the inbalance both within ourselves and with the world at large, and a good time to revisit those New Year resolutions!!
Whether or not we can restore much in the wider world in just forty days every year I very much doubt, but we can at least start to consider how more selfless actions on our part can make a difference for the greater good.

At home, we will again be taking part in the "Give Away a Thing a Day" project that I set up locally last year. There are any number of charity bags doing the rounds at the moment - this is always a good time to clear out some of the 'things' we are too keen to acquire in our quest to prove our worth.

Last year, I gave up coffee too but that proved more difficult and increased stress far too much!! :p

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#10571 02/20/07 10:03 PM
Thanks Martin for your wise words. I've never really thought about lent (not being a religious person). Over time I given quite a lot of things alcohol and caffeine. One day I'll tackle the ciggies.
We get loads of them charity bags but it seems no one bothers to collect them.
Recently I have started doing a little job at Oxfam. As I'm unemployed it gets me out of the house and I meet other people and I enjoy it.
Peter

#10572 02/21/07 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Last year, I gave up coffee too but that proved more difficult and increased stress far too much!! :p
Give up Coffee!!!!

Not a chance!!
(doesn't help taht I work in one of Glasgow's finest coffe houses!! laugh )

#10573 02/21/07 11:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some really wise thoughts & words , martin !

i jus' wish ( everytime ) that much more people worldwide would start ( or continue ) to think & also act a bit wiser in general , as the great majority of them is indeed capable of it , but it's sooo damned easy to be lazy & jus' forget about what u've actually learned from your past experiences & act much more reliable & responsible ... & also SUSTAINABLE concerning the future of this planet & the next generations !

my personal resolution for 2007 was : indifference & greed must be eradicated !
it's most likely jus' a wish / dream that can't be fulfilled , as long as we still keep on living in a monetary system in general worldwide , but i still have a bit of hope concerning the eradication of indifference ! :-)

p. s. : about the coffee - jus' do it like me & only drink a good cup of cappuccino now & then ! ;-)

cheers ! :-)

#10574 02/21/07 01:45 PM
Trying to give up drink as i have a bit of a prob with it. Only one can in a week so im not doing too bad. Caffine for me has replaced the alchol so far.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.