Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The Guv'nor
OP Offline
The Guv'nor
Transcribed MP3 voice message received from an indeterminate location in the UK today. 4.30 am Greenwich Mean Time. Sound quality somewhat muffled.

"Well, it's been a very good year. After that Beeb programme, electronic music finally got regarded as a proper genre. Just like Jack Russells, really - scruffs to Crufts. Satisfying.

"More things got done over these past couple of years than the 70's, 80's and 90's put together, all to do with Malins of course - so I've had to lock the fridge from the inside.

"But it was great meeting Ian Sinclair, performing live video with Karborn, back in Shoreditch with Benge, releases with this Robin Guthrie and that Steve Jansen, remixing Harold Budd and Rubin Garcia, working on a soundtrack or two with Steve d'Ag, great work as ever from Dallas, electric mixes from Louis, super 8mm and super website from Rob H, exhibiting in London and New York, getting films from Macoto, Alex, Ian, Jonathan, - plus working with the great Paul Daley, etc., etc. So something's got to go wrong yet. There's still enough time. Taken to wearing me crash helmet indoors.

"The body doubles help a bit with the workload. We've bought 25 and they're all staying with Malins. I wasn't kidding about Lifegrab inc.

"Malins is running a clinic in Brussels as I speak. Mission to re-brand hot air as eco-friendly. China's in the queue with a coal scuttle. Obama's right behind having a joke with BA. Malins is the wee one with the halo in the crib. I'm the one standing next to the ox - grey fur coat, chortling at Obama's joke - Smoke Fairies either side. You've all seen the photo.

"Tried to download a tropical lagoon holiday, but it's taking ages and a message about CPU keeps coming up. So I'm going to sit in the fridge 'cos it's warmer. Got me Avatar download, a synth manual or two and a nice electric shock machine for entertainment. Programmed the old molecules to reassemble on the 25th at 12 noon sharp around a large turkey dinner. Then it's back to the fridge 'till Easter.

"Have a wonderful time humans, signing off for another year.

"Foxx from the fridge".

Transmission terminates...

It has been a good year! Looking forward to 2010.
Enjoy the break.

Have a wonderful Xmas John,Karborn,Rob Steve & all.

Look forward to meeting more 3D Foxxy Avatars in the new year all controlled remotely by yourself.

All completing next years raft of projects. wink

Brian

B
B
Thanks for a lovely year, John.

Wishing you, Fluffy, and that kid of yours a wonderful holiday. xx

wink

Merry Christmas John! cool cool cool cool

thanks for a great year. Enjoy the turkey.

Thank's for all the pleasure in 2009, John.
It was another great year for every fan.

Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2010!! smile

wink ShadowmANDREAS

I hope there's somebody around to keep a check on the fridge temperature.

OK, it's time for my annual bout of festive photoshop fun...

Have a great break John, and thankyou for the music.

Cunning plan that fridge - that's where the squirty cream is kept wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.