Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 647 of 753 1 2 645 646 647 648 649 752 753
I'm now discovering the interesting musical world of Fever Ray and her wonderful cover of Peter Gabriel's "Mercy Street". Wow.

The Best of D.A.F.

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by John Taylor:
The Best of D.A.F.
I still haven't done this. ages ago I decided to follow up recommendations from the forum to listen to some D.A.F.!

A New Year Resolution made early. I WILL do this.
Thanks for the reminder, John.

Meantime, I'm excited to have recently 'discovered' NYC's emerging underground heroes Xeno and Oaklander - a good ole-fashioned synth duo like as if they come from 1979/80.
All analogue, all retrofuture.
Their debut album Sentinelle is a real inspiration and reminds me of just about everything that excited me in the first place.

http://xenoandoaklander.com/

Some stuff to download on their website, and loads of grainy black and white pictures evocative of all those bands.

Yes - a NEW name. Hurrah!

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Today Cathedral Oceans 1

And on Myspace The Naked and the Famous

http://www.myspace.com/thenakedandfamous

S
S
Bryan Ferry - Olympia

A very laid back album in true Ferry style. As others have said some tracks stand out beyond others & for me Me oh My , Reason Or Rhyme & Bf Bass are most enjoyable. His version of Song To The Siren is good also. A good album but not his best.

Gary Numan - Exile

This is a great album & the best I've heard of his post 90's albums so far. It reminds me of his earlier work. The opening track Dominion Day & title track are favourites so far but there are no bad tracks.

No bad tracks at all in my opinion, on Exile. It may lack production, but the heaven/hell concept is strong and I think the arrangements, lyrics and his vocals are all excellent.

Perhaps only "The Angel Wars" gets skipped from time to time, but I learned to appreciate it more after hearing the extended version from the extended edition of the album, where the instrumental parts of the song really make it more epic.

34 minutes of 'classicness' Kraftwerks Computer World

Just curious, whats everyones most played albums/tracks not just JF.

My iTunes 'most played' shows;
Prodigy - Fat Of the Land
John Foxx - Metamatic
Charlatans - Melting Pot
Prodigy - Spitfire (Single)

Narayan from Fat Of The Land has a play count of 411, this superb 9 minute synth track still gives me goose pimples.

S
S
[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Taylor:
[QB] Just curious, whats everyones most played albums/tracks not just JF.

My top 5 are

David Sylvian - Exit/Delete
Blackfield - Christenings
No Man - All Sweet Things
Yusuf - Midday -
Porcupine Tree - Lazarus

I was passing HMV and treated myself to a copy of DNA, hope its good,importing to iTunes as I type.

Nice visuals on the DVD too!

Page 647 of 753 1 2 645 646 647 648 649 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.