Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 639 of 753 1 2 637 638 639 640 641 752 753
M
M
Plastikman - 'Sheet One'

does plenty... cool

Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
[b]Jon Hassell with Brian Eno "Fourth World, Vol. 1: Possible Musics"

Eno's contribution is interesting enough but the foreground trumpet is a hideous sound that should have been left off the mix. Like a violent wasp with a personal grudge spoiling another almost summer day.
eek eek eek I can't believe you just said that! [/b]
Hmm, maybe you're right. Not a violent wasp, not even with a personal grudge. But a wasp nevertheless. I'll try it again - I will know more what to expect. I usually give everything at least two listens. wink [/b]
I think I know what you're saying guys!

The first time I heard that record (when it came out), I had several Eno albums in my collection.
But I didn't know who JH was.
At a first listen his playing sounded very nervous to me.
Almost in contradiction to the electronic ambience Eno provided for the album.
But later on, after hearing a few JH albums, I understood and felt the magic of his playing better.

Recommended listening:

Jon Hassell: Power Spot

... produced by: Eno / Lanois wink

The Beatles - Abbey Road

the thing about Beatles albums is that I always think the tracks are in the wrong order ..I mean "Come Together" is hardly a good opening track, but on this album I do like the sort of 'suite' of short songs on Side Two, works really well .. anyone know if this sort of thing has been done on more "modern" albums?

Administrator
Administrator
Certainly not on Heat The Soft Cell remixes that I'm currently enjoying.

Some of these go... on... for... ever...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
an unhealthy amount of early Suicide and Martin Rev solo albums...

...ah, who am I kidding - there's no such things as an unhealthy amount of early Suicide and Martin Rev solo albums, it's all good! cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Plastikman - 'Sheet One'

does plenty... cool
Superb album - really wish I knew where my copy was! :rolleyes:

Jori Hulkkonen - Errare Machinale Est

Not a bad album at all - maybe tails off a bit with the last couple of tracks

S
S
Gary Numan - Jagged

My first Numan cd. I was quite surprised at how much I liked it. The single In A Dark Place , Haunted & Pressure were the stand out tracks for me. Also went digging in my collection of 7" singles & found This Is Love & Your Fascination. Can't actually remember buying these just The Live ep. Maybe bought them on the back of the ep. After a few listens again to them I'm wondering why I stopped buying his work though reading earlier posts in the Numan thread , the mid 80's - mid 90's wasn't his strong point.

Administrator
Administrator
labradford

http://www.brainwashed.com/labradford/music.html

referenced in a recent review of D.N.A. as being called to mind by the track 'Violet Bloom'

Not at all bad cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
A Night at The Opera - Queen

I saw a funny review for Peter Andre's latest album, on iTunes someone has written 'I'd rather nail my nose to a tree' Hilarious!

Page 639 of 753 1 2 637 638 639 640 641 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.