Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 633 of 753 1 2 631 632 633 634 635 752 753
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Later on I'll be listening to Big Den's fellow East Lancastrians , my favourite light- rock with occasional orchestral flourishes artistes BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST )Anything but "Poor Man's Moody Blues" as they refer to themselves in one of their songs
Can’t believe you posted this, why’s that? Is it because BJH are 'the love that dare not mention its name’ laugh well perhaps so, but no, it’s more the fact that it’s a group my life-long best friend loved in his youth, and when I first met him this became the subject of much derision on my part. He’s a Failsworth lad, and one of his cherished moments as a young teen is when he and a pal were invited into a concert hall (in Oldham I believe) where the band were due to play that evening, and they were allowed to sit through the whole of the rehearsal.

It’s a significant birthday of my friends at end of month, so, gasp, I have just this morning purchased 4 BJH albums as a pressy eek They say that BJH are a bit Pink Floyd :rolleyes: - can’t see it myself at all, but I’d agree with the Moody Blues influence. I’ve stuck with the Polydor mid to late 70’s era albums as pressies, as I know he used to bang on about the Octoberon one, or the one with the big fairy on the cover as I used to call it.

It's nostalgia day here in the Bob household (and because the missus is out at work wink ) so I'm listening to the seventies classic Never Mind The Things I'm Not Allowed To Mention On this Forum, Here's The Sex Pistols. Regardless of your opinion about the Pistols, whether you think they were McLaren's lucrative puppets or a genuine band, this album still stands the test of time over thirty years later (do we all feel old now?). Submission is one of the best songs ever written, IMHO. Johnny's almost robotic delivery of the word 'problem' at the end of 'Problems' still hits the mark today. Classic!

Ô¿Ô

NewOrder's The Peter Saville Show Soundtrack(2003)
- amazing what the interwebby thingy can throw out just when you least expect it ..
smile

S
S
John Foxx - In Mysterious Ways

Villa Nah - Origin Can't wait to see them support O.M.D

I also listened to the 9 tracks I've tracked down by the band Mirrors who are supporting O.M.D on the European tour. Pity I can't go to both.

Scott: I read somewhere Mirrors album is due in February 2011.

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Scott: I read somewhere Mirrors album is due in February 2011.
Cheers Mark. I knew it was due sometime early 2011.

Administrator
Administrator
Some interesting material in this Industrial Fetish collection.

One will probably invest.

http://14tracks.com/selections/135-14_tracks_an_industrial_fetish

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
M
M
Muslimgauze - 'A Small Intricate Box That Contains Old Blue Opium Marzipan'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0JGIpnX9x8

M
M

More nostalgia today. I discovered a bunch of zip files on my hard drive that I downloaded two or three years ago when I lived in Edinburgh. Not sure where I downloaded them from but they contain Peel Sessions tracks by Cocteau Twins, PIL and Eno & The Winkies (that one's from 1974!). There's a Gregory Isaacs one too but I don't think it would fit in too well with the aforementioned three and I'm not feeling that eclectic today!

Ô¿Ô

Page 633 of 753 1 2 631 632 633 634 635 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.