Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 628 of 753 1 2 626 627 628 629 630 752 753
A healthy dose of Peter Gabriel for me this grey, dull, depressing morning.

Some crap music on the phone whilst waiting to speak to someone at Tesco!!

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Stringy Bob:
Luxuria - [b]Unanswerable Lust with Beast Box cued to come on next.

The Luxuria albums were, IMHO, Devoto's best post-Magazine work. I have his solo album, Jerky Versions Of The Dream but to be honest, a lot of it is a bit weak to me. Luxuria, on the other hand, was just stunning stuff with HD at his lyrical best:

"Good evening, I am the madman in love with your daughter, we need to talk, just you and me."

"Our curious leader has such a lovely daughter,
we wash their feet and quench our thirst
with the same water."

If you have these albums and haven't listened to them for a while, dig them out and give them a spin, you won't be disappointed.

ΤΏΤ [/b]
Hi Bob, sounds good, can't say I've ever heard the Luxuria albums - were they ever released on CD? I'm a "Secondhand Daylight" man myself - who isn't?

Today, I have been continuing revisiting a box of tapes. "Architecture and Morality", "The House of Love" (Fontana), and Floyd's "Meddle" and "Animals" since the sun was out - gone now.

I'm trying to reply to this with more info but I keep getting the following error message:

"Sorry, we do not permit the following HTML tag or attribute: Parenthesis in HTML tag"

I've removed the only parenthesis I used in the text and I'm not using any HTML tags. Anybody know what's going on?

ΤΏΤ

Mesh - A Perfect Solution

IMHO this album is a masterpiece.

S
S
Yazoo - Reconnected Live

Fantastic. After missing out on actually going to the gig this makes up for it.

M
M
Porcupine Tree - 'On The Sunday Of Life'

Translucence

Quote:
Originally posted by Stringy Bob:
Luxuria - [b]Unanswerable Lust with Beast Box cued to come on next.

. . .

If you have these albums and haven't listened to them for a while, dig them out and give them a spin, you won't be disappointed.

ΤΏΤ [/b]
Excellent advice, Stringy Bob — I think I just might do that! Magazine is always wending its way through my iPod, and I am (somewhat embarrassingly) fond of "Jerky Versions of the Dream," but it's been ages since I listened to Luxuria. I only have "Beast Box" on CD but should round it up and try to figure out why I haven't played it in years.

M
M
You know I was going on about loving disco. well seeing Member D's Smash hits scan about My Face flexi. I noticed the lyrics to 'Searching' by Change, which was one of my favourites.

So here it is with Mr. Luther Vandross on vocals.

Who would like to dance around my handbag avec moi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW21u-TdAeg

Administrator
Administrator
Now that's just going too far. eek

Sorry, much as I love SOME cheesy disco, a man has to have limits.

Luther Van Dross - an artist I would gladly assign to Room 101 and burn the keys.
But that's another thread... laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 628 of 753 1 2 626 627 628 629 630 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.