Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 627 of 753 1 2 625 626 627 628 629 752 753
Al Stewart - Best Of

M
M
Cathedral Oceans i

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
Art Giraffefungal - Propaganda
I like the video - Its the sort of visual to musical accompaniment that I would have expected to see with Ghost Box, (instead of their unidentifiable blob).

Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Quote:
[b] Art Giraffefungal - Propaganda
I like the video - Its the sort of visual to musical accompaniment that I would have expected to see with Ghost Box, (instead of their unidentifiable blob). [/b]
I got "into" Pointybird stuff via the "Man in Formaldehyde" Album "Copper Sulphate Crystals", which was given away free with "Robots and Electronic Brains" (REB) ages ago.

Art Giraffefungal is a similar kind of thing. Odd, but good.

* I first discovered REB via a posting in this thread.. someone posted "Copper Sulphate Crystals" by "Man in Formaldehyde", and I replied "You made that up!" Guess not. smile

For my drive home I've got Queens Of The Stone Age 'Rated R'

C
C
Quote:
someone posted "Copper Sulphate Crystals" by "Man in Formaldehyde", and I replied "You made that up!" Guess not. smile
cheers for posting. I have just been enjoying listening to it and Ultraviolet Overdrive on itunes smile

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:* I first discovered REB via a posting in this thread.. someone posted "Copper Sulphate Crystals" by "Man in Formaldehyde", and I replied "You made that up!" Guess not. smile [/QB]
That was I.

Pete Lunn - Seasider

Luxuria - Unanswerable Lust with Beast Box cued to come on next.

The Luxuria albums were, IMHO, Devoto's best post-Magazine work. I have his solo album, Jerky Versions Of The Dream but to be honest, a lot of it is a bit weak to me. Luxuria, on the other hand, was just stunning stuff with HD at his lyrical best:

"Good evening, I am the madman in love with your daughter, we need to talk, just you and me."

"Our curious leader has such a lovely daughter,
we wash their feet and quench our thirst
with the same water."

If you have these albums and haven't listened to them for a while, dig them out and give them a spin, you won't be disappointed.

ΤΏΤ

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:* I first discovered REB via a posting in this thread.. someone posted "Copper Sulphate Crystals" by "Man in Formaldehyde", and I replied "You made that up!" Guess not. smile
That was I. [/QB]
Mr.I makes up far better titles than that!! wink

ΤΏΤ

Page 627 of 753 1 2 625 626 627 628 629 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.