Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 611 of 753 1 2 609 610 611 612 613 752 753
Mirrors

Heard Ways to an end on 6 music the other day

http://www.myspace.com/mirrorsmirrorsmirrors

Good stuff

Invaders Must Die - Prodigy
Love and it's opposite - Tracey Thorn

Mornin' all...

Been in the field lately and mostly listening to;

We Have Band (sort of ESG / Tom Tom Club)

The Horn The Hunt
(sort of The Knife meets Mighty Boosh...you'll have to trust me on that description and not the weird Czech lager I was drinking whilst observing them - I think it was called Zatac...blimey...might of been called Zanax...now there's a thought; "A pint of Zanax please guv'nor and a valium chaser if you please...")

A s**t load of Propaganda

A f**king shedload of Christy Moore and Irish rebel songs

xxx

Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Suicide: A Way Of Life
Great album - except the remastered version - think Rev must of been on mushrooms when he did that

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
[b]Propaganda - A Secret Wish [/b]
One of the greatest albums ever

I'm going to marry Claudia...

She doesn't know it yet and the Police and that bloke from OMD may get to me first...but I'm going to marry Claudia...

...on second thoughts that sounds like a threat...

...if I just listen to her debut album, I'll calm down to the bad funky 90s feel of it all and all will be okay laugh

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:

...if I just listen to her debut album, I'll calm down to the bad funky 90s feel of it all and all will be okay laugh [/QB]
Claudia Brucken - Love & A Million Other Things

This should have been massive & led to a great solo career

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Quote:

...if I just listen to her debut album, I'll calm down to the bad funky 90s feel of it all and all will be okay laugh
Claudia Brucken - Love & A Million Other Things

This should have been massive & led to a great solo career [/QB]
Hiya Scott - I liked it at the time but listened to it a while back and didn't think it had dated well.

But it's getting the double re-issue treatment soon so I'll give it another go...not entirely sure I need 4 remixes of Kiss Like Ether though!

CD 1:

1. Kiss Like Ether
2. Baby Sigh
3. Absolut[e]
4. Suicide - A Song For A Ghost
5. Unforgivable
6. Moments Of Joy
7. Fanatic (The Nail In My Soul)
8. Love In Another World
9. Always...
10. Surprise

CD 2:

1. Absolut[e] (Shooting Star)
2. Absolut[e] (Bastille Mix)
3. Whisper
4. Kiss Like Ether (As Pure)
5. I, Dream
6. Kiss Like Ether (Electrical Embrace)
7. I, Dream (Recurring)
8. Kiss Like Ether (Earth Mood Magic)
9. Kiss Like Ether (Earth Mood Magic In A Present Tense)

C
C
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
[b] Suicide: A Way Of Life
Great album - except the remastered version - think Rev must of been on mushrooms when he did that [/b]
I must confess, it’s the 2005 remastered CD shocked

Todays music has been Chrome: 3rd From The Sun, and yesterday saw JMJ: Oxygene, followed in the afternoon by Taylor Deupree: Weather And Worn.

Most of the earlier part of the week was about giving air to two albums I bought last year but have maybe only played once, so lest they end up going into that other thread we have on the forum - (can’t remember what its called, ‘what music aren’t you listening to’ ? or, ’albums you’ve got but don’t play’ ?)–

Boozoo Bajou: Grains.

I have/love their 2001 album Satta, but wasn’t keen on their 2005 follow-up album Dust My Broom, and promptly forgot all about them, so I was surprised last year to come across Grains their third release. Of the 11 tracks, 7 are pleasantly atmospheric in a classic Thievery Corporation kind of way (and made for very good ‘hangover’ listening last Tuesday morning after a night out before), but for an album with a mostly lounge/trippy style I hate it when you get up to 4 tracks peppered throughout that sound out of place, spoiled by vocals that feel like they belong to an entirely different album, which in this case is a man trying to sound like Paul Weller, and a woman attempting to be Sade Adu.

Pocahaunted: Island Diamonds.

I recently got this years release (Make It Real), but I’ve mostly ignored listening to this previous one since I got it. Of the two albums the latter one definitely clicks for me, more melody seems to have crept into the musical jamming, and the tribal wailing of the vocal duo is a little less 'taxing' on the ear and has taken on more form, but of course they’ve split up now as a band!

From Langley Park to Memphis - Prefab Sprout I forgot how good this album is. Still not as good as Steve McQueen though.

Got Chemical Brothers: Singles 93-03 for my birthday.
When I opened the booklet I read that the reason why I had this CD in my fist, is just one song. And it's not by the Brothers.
The Beatles: Tomorrow Never Knows
A good starting point to kick of my holiday ... wink

Page 611 of 753 1 2 609 610 611 612 613 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.