Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 608 of 753 1 2 606 607 608 609 610 752 753
Acolyte - Delphic got some nice synths on it

Administrator
Administrator
A random selction of diamonds from Antony & the Johnsons.

So beautiful.

River of Sorrow takes your breath away and makes your heart hurt.
I always feel so glad to have discovered Antony.
The live performance of 'Hope Theres Someone' is unbelievably powerful for such a simple thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loNU4fVpO8E&feature=related

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
This morning's journey to work was accompanied by Cut Copy, the Electric Riot, Tom Dolby and the only good song from this year's Eurovision!

Lots of Mike Oldfield of late, but only up to and including QE2 (1980), I've never got on with the rest, save TBII which was genius.
He's always been very unfashionable but I keep going back to stuff like Ommadawn and Incantations.
smile

J
J
Other than the regular spin of Metatronic, my playlist of late has consisted of:

Disintegration (Remaster) - The Cure
A Reality Tour - David Bowie

And a little gem I only just discovered the other day is
From The Hip - Section 25
Which I am listening to several times a day atm.

C
C
Bizarre weather we’ve been having lately, with overcast days that are also blazing hot when the sun does get to break through, and now it's all changed to being relentlessly rainy and very foggy. It’s certainly been atmospheric, and Music-wise its made me go from one extreme to another, from slow movement ambient sounds, with tracks taken from Celer: Close Proximity And The Unhindered Care-All, William Basinski’s: 92982, and Stars Of The Lid: Avec Laudenum, and on the other days when we’ve had much more sun than not, I’ve been playing Atlas Sound: Let The Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel, along with Deerhunter: Microcastle, and Lotus Plaza: Floodlight Collective.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
I have the first Season of Space 1999 music on another Anderson themes disk..
I also have the CD soundtrack of the first season music that was released in 2004, and much as I enjoy the funky music of Derek Wadsworth in the ‘outrageously revamped’ second season, you cant beat Barry Gray’s first season music for spine-tingling fantasy atmosphere. I used to have the RCA gatefold vinyl album of it, bought it in the late 70’s, saved up my pocket money and got it mail-order (how did we ever survive prior to the internet!). Sadly, I was broke in my early 20’s and sold the album to a local store for peanuts, now if only I’d seen its long term rarity value and the coming of ebay in a crystal ball, mind you, if I still had that album then I definitely wouldn’t part with it now.

And speaking of atmosphere:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
The new solo album from Dead Can Dance founder member Brendan Perry.
Superb!
Presently playing the Ark album myself right now, thanks again for mentioning it. Great music, and that gently strident voice that overpowers and stirs you onwards emotionally, only tiny criticism for me is with the ordinariness of some of the lyrics set against this rich tapestry, but otherwise Superb! smile

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Lots of Mike Oldfield of late, but only up to and including QE2 (1980), I've never got on with the rest, save TBII which was genius.
He's always been very unfashionable but I keep going back to stuff like Ommadawn and Incantations.
smile
I love Oldfield's work, but I tent to stop at QE2 then skip straight to Amarok and beyond. TBII was fantastic, but I am quite a fan of his later, more electronic/chill-out work too.

However - Mark - I would urge you to check out The Songs of Distant Earth (1995). It's one of the best instrumental/concept albums I've heard. I love it.

Alex . .I've tried, I've tried .... I'll give it another go this summer perhaps ..

this morning it's:
The Durutti Column & Electronic (first album)

Various 'B' sides and extra tracks from the recent Mesh and Tenek albums.

C
C
this afternoon it's been ambient and dub techno with two albums from Rhythm & Sound:

Rhythm & Sound, and See Mi Yah

Page 608 of 753 1 2 606 607 608 609 610 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.