Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 588 of 753 1 2 586 587 588 589 590 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] I'm wild and scheming with Arcadia's So Red The Rose
Is that the new version Garry? [/b]
Hi Scott - No, after hearing the car-crash that is the Duran Duran remaster, I'm sticking to the original CDs!

Today it's What A Way To End It All -The Anthology by Deaf School - many thanks to Ivan! wink

S
S
Gary Daly - How To Live & Love Your Life EP

5 track EP from the China Crisis singer (though Eddie sings there best song).

Administrator
Administrator
The Bridge - Thomas Leer and Robert Rental

AT LAST!

It's taken me far too long to get a digital version of this. Previously I've had a crappy recording on cassette, and I have hardly played it.

It's a really innovative and thought-provoking album. I don't think I ever really appreciated how much Soft Cell there is in it.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Ultravox - live in Oregon November 1979 - a bootleg of course which I'd never heard before (yes, I'm a bit slow) with Midge Ure singing Slow Motion and Quiet Men plus early versions of the new stuff ... love it!
laugh laugh laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:

AT LAST!

It's taken me far too long to get a digital version of this. Previously I've had a crappy recording on cassette, and I have hardly played it.

It's a really innovative and thought-provoking album. I don't think I ever really appreciated how much Soft Cell there is in it.
Great album - very inventive and full of ideas.

If you can find it (it's out there in the ether somewhere...) try and get to hear the EP documenting a live set by Robert Rental and Daniel Miller (as The Normal) played in 1979 supporting Essential Logic - it's called Live At West Runton Pavilion, 6-3-79.

M
M
Broadcast & The Focus Group Investigate Witch Cults Of The Radio Age

Pure craftsmanship.

Merci b-cups, Garry! You're not wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFAFiiCMb_8&feature=related

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Broadcast & The Focus Group Investigate Witch Cults Of The Radio Age

Pure craftsmanship.

Merci b-cups, Garry! You're not wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFAFiiCMb_8&feature=related
laugh Very good! Yes - it's probably highly likely that was an influence heh!

Glad you're enjoying it guv!

Currently listening to Colourbox by...erm...Colourbox

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:

I agree this is a brilliant album. Side A consists of catchy, punky songs that sound like they were performed by early Cabaret Voltaire (Nag Nag Nag era). Side B has very low key ambient tracks that set a contemplative mood.

Even the song titles are good:

"Attack Decay"
"Day Breaks, Night Heals"
"The Hard Way In & The Easy Way Out"

I haven't listened to this in years. Now that I have a brand new turntable, I really ought to put this on.

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:

the EP documenting a live set by Robert Rental and Daniel Miller (as The Normal) played in 1979 [/QB]
I wanted this for years. It is incredibly rare in America. I imagined it might sound like The Bridge meets Warm Leatherette. When I finally found it, it was disappointing. Two guys noodling around on synths for 20 minutes. Not awful but nothing memorable. Nothing on side 2. I wouldn't recommend this one.

Page 588 of 753 1 2 586 587 588 589 590 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.