Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I talked with my wife and she has told me that I should go so thats it. I'm going!!
;-)

G
Gem Offline
G
Hooray! laugh Well done, Mrs Furniture!

Maryann and David, I really hope you do get to attend one or other of these events - I'm so pleased that John's finally going back to the US, as I know how long you've all been waiting.

We should definitely meet up!

I was watching The Late Show with David Letterman last night and got to thinking, since the show usually closes with a musical act, wouldn't it be great if John Foxx appeared while he was in New York.

I checked their web site but there's no indication of how far ahead they book acts for their schedule. I don't even know if the date in November would have a show (they seem to screen a lot of repeats here).

According to Nippertown this "..That would be the first North American public performance since he toured with electronic-pop pioneers Ultravox! in 1979."

..is that right?

B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
According to Nippertown this "..That would be the first North American public performance since he toured with electronic-pop pioneers Ultravox! in 1979."

..is that right?
Yes, sadly. I'm sure John has been in the States since 1979, but he hasn't had any performances here since then.

wow ... 30 years on then...

Yeah, that's why I'm disappointed I won't be able to be there. It's the first time in my life, as far as I know, that I'll be within a thousand km of John Foxx. By North American standards, Ottawa to Hudson isn't all that far. But the distance is greater than the distance from London to Newcastle, we'd need passports to get into the USA, there aren't many hotel options in Hudson, and I'm unemployed. Montreal would be easy, Toronto not so bad, but Hudson? Wrong place, wrong time.

Sorry to hear that you are not going Steve?
I am still planning to go. I will leave about 5 in the morning on Saturday. Anyone else going? What are your plans? Where are you staying?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.