Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 577 of 753 1 2 575 576 577 578 579 752 753
Nicky Robson.
guess who produced this..

I have actually listened to "In The Glow" again today as well as the Moby album "Hotel".

Gary Hunter Official Homepage
Gary Hunter Myspace Page

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
currently listening to Editors - The Back Room - No kidding, it's like having Joy Division back again. Bloody excellent.

Have to say I don’t know too much about them apart from the Joy division/Interpol comparisons, and I’m sure I must have seen The Back Room cover in the past since 2005, but as soon as I read your post I thought to myself substitute the word EDITORS for JOHN FOXX and it’s design looks in style and mood like a lost Foxx album from the last decade,
oh if only it was... smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I purchased 6 tracks from Black Light from iTunes and I'm really enjoying them, especially the Bryan Ferry one!

Who are the other guest vocalists?

Jarre keeps talking about playing new songs like on the tour - he has been talking about a new album, some of which was recorded last year.

It was suggested that this year there will be both a new studio album and live CD/DVD from the tour.

Fingers crossed, eh?!
Yes, a new album would be great. Lost track of him after 'Equinoxe', but re-discovered him after his last tour.
About the other Groove Armada guest singers - Will Young, Fenech-Soler, Nick Littlemore, Jessica Larrabee, SaintSaviour - I'm afraid I only just heard of them ... confused
But they do a great job on the album! laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Nicky Robson.
guess who produced this..
Georgio Armani? smile

Depeche Mode - Ultra

I'm a fairly recent convert to DM and this is only the fourth or fifth time I have listened to this album. Its a real grower, and one of my fav DM albums at the moment.

S
S
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

Like MikeG with Depeche Mode , I'm a recent convert to SP. I've liked a few of there singles but never heard a full album until recently & I'm impressed with each listen.

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
This week:

Quit Dreaming (And Get On The Beam) - Bill Nelson
Duran Duran Demos - Duran Duran
with Andy Wickett
The Singles - Japan. Hansa Japan compilation.
Above The Cloudline - Ajanta Music

Chris wink

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
[b] Spent the last couple of days listening to William Basinski: Vivian & Ondine
Thanks for that, Core! I am something of a newbie when it comes to Basinski. I love "Melancholia" but despite acquiring numerous others through emusic I have yet to try them. [/b]
Tonight I’m back on the Basinski, listening to El Camino Real, heard it in the past and decided last week I should get around to having the actual disc, fantastic, haunting. Along with Vivian & Ondine its a sweetly accessible piece, can’t wait to listen to it in bed whilst dropping off to sleep at night - It’s pure undiluted dream juice! Easily my favourite chapter now in that distinctive Basinski lush ‘drowned orchestral’ world, playing like a half remembered memory, the same elusive scene going around in your head with a subtle shift of perception taking place as it repeats itself.

Church Puddle, I also recommend Watermusic with its subliminal 'not quite there' quality, Watermusic II, and also 92982 - (of which track 4 is particularly beautiful in a Stars Of The Lid style).
Melancholia I’m not so sure about this one for me, its faded piano sound reminds me slightly of The Caretaker, (who I prefer in that context), it’s different to the other Basinski works that I like. At some point I may get around to buying Silent Night its slightly eerie, but kind of romantic.

smile

I've spent the weekend listening to Siouxsie & The Banshees; Juju, Köln '81, and Secondhand Daylight, The Correct Use of Soap and Magic, Murder and the Weather by Magazine...only realised this morning all those albums feature the sorely missed John McGeoch.

Page 577 of 753 1 2 575 576 577 578 579 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.