Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 568 of 753 1 2 566 567 568 569 570 752 753
Thanks Brian and Birdsong, now I have more to buy on Amazon! Good place to be I think!

c

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
[b]Ulrich Schnauss: A Strangely Isolated Place
It's taken me a while to warm to Schnauss - but I'm getting there. Of the two albums of his I have A Strangely Isolated Place and Goodbye, Goodbye is the favourite. After I hear him though, I have to go and play the real deal - so Loveless gets blasted out! laugh [/b]
Goodbye is firmly my fav’ out of the three of his albums I have. Hey, just when is the remastered Loveless CD ever going to appear, its two years overdue for heavens sake!

Since yesterday I’ve been heavily back on the drone and minimalist path with:
Celer: Discourses Of The withered, and Engaged Touches, and, Windy & Carl: Depths.

Prior to this I’ve spent all last week listening to two albums by our Kate, such is the suggestive power of this forum and its members that Miss Bush has hardly been out of my ears! except for Friday when I found myself listening to Miles Davis: In A Silent Way, which seemed to return me back to listening to minimalist electronica, now how did that happen laugh

The Kick Inside, and The Red Shoes, two Kate Bush albums I’ve never owned, the former I already knew most of, and the latter I’ve only ever heard two of its singles, so it was off to Fopp to get these. With The Kick Inside I can see Birdsongs point in describing it as ‘the definitive KB album’, her theme’s are so fundamentally there from the start, some of the ‘rockier’ numbers don’t appeal to me, but the album is peppered with plenty of her unique haunting lyrical sound and singing.

I really loved The Red Shoes single back in the past, so, ignoring all the fuss and criticism about this album from it's time, ‘Kate does pop’, so what, I thought, she’ll probably do it very well, I was looking forward to finally getting to hear it, expecting it all to be a Celtic thumping fairytale extravaganza in the style of the title track, you know, music like only Kate can do, but I was disappointed.

There’s four tracks I do like, but it's more like an album from a MOR chart artist, and this is not for me a Kate Bush album. I know it has many fans, and I hate to join a chorus of disapproval, but in quite a strange way I was feeling my disappointment 17 years later, a very odd experience, it really affected me! I was so down I had to turn to Miles Davis for comfort laugh

F
F
After being long lost I found my copy of Meat Beat Manifesto's "Storm The Studio"...still awesome stuff, specially with some additional drinks wink

Administrator
Administrator
Sound Soup resonance fm

Abstract sound narratives mixed live each week from sounds indiscriminately harvested and plundered from multifarious sources/60min continuous mash up from location recordings, sound fx, film excerpts, dialogues, music of different genres all brewed and stewed in a glutinous and rich sound soup. Head chef: Joel Cahen

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
A lot of Peter Gabriel. In particular his third and fourth albums, plus So and Us, with tracks from Big Blue Ball and the odd b-side thrown in for good measure.

This is providing a suitable soundtrack to the re-design of my PG website, which is coming together very quickly, and giving me a good opportunity to re-review the albums and re-write my reviews!

Might even get the new site online this week... or part of it anyway...

The Gábor Szabó Sextet - 'The Szabó Equation: Jazz/Mysticism/Exotica'

smile

C
C
Bit of a mixed week, starting with Numan's Pleasure Principle album and some of Replicas, then tracks from Ulrich Schnauss, and, Stars Of The Lid, but mostly its been Grouper: Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill.

These days I listen to music through a Bose SoundDock and the ipod, (got the Bose at xmas, really recommend it, fantastic audio quality). The albums of Liz Harris (Grouper), have never sounded quite right on my ears through the ipod, but I’ve now modified the preferences on importing CD’s into itunes (duh!) and its made a great difference to the music.

Dragging A Dead Deer’ is a really beautiful album, there’s a track called Invisible which just shoots me through the heart everytime, and Travelling Through A Sea could easily be a Virginia Astley song (but minus the squeaky vocals). Hope Liz brings out a similar follow-up album, and if I’d only listened to this more when I got it I’d have included it in the best albums of the last ten years thread.

Yesterday - listening to Slowdive: Souvlaki, and enjoying dreampop heaven with tracks like: 40 Days, and Machine Gun.

This morning - it’s an acoustic atmospheric vein with Christina Carter: Electrice, and after that I’ll probably find myself going back to dragging a dead deer again!

Administrator
Administrator
Throbbing Gristle After Cease To Exist' (The Original Soundtrack Of The Coum Transmissions Film)

It's been a while since I heard this, but I have recently been playing TG again following my adventures with David Tibet and Current 93.

This is a fairly comfortable point of entry to TG if you feel that way inclined - 20 minutes of sampled piano, voice, noises, drones, feedback and looped 'guitar'. Sound soup.

It's actually a lot 'easier' to listen to than most of their earlier material, but none the worse for that

Someone, Garry I believe, told me I should try making some music. if I did, I can't help thinking it would sound like this...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
In a proggy mood:

Synergy - Audion
Utopia - Another Live

Waiting for a new turntable that I ordered to arrive so I can dust off the old vinyl. My 25 year old turntable has departed from this earthly plane of existence.

S
S
Ex Del Amitri frontman Justin Currie - What Is Love For

Page 568 of 753 1 2 566 567 568 569 570 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.