Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 564 of 753 1 2 562 563 564 565 566 752 753
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
What Music Are You Listening To? or rather, not!

Amazon have just suggested that 'I might also like':
Classix Nouveaux - Liberty Singles Collection,
a new CD being released later this month.
Anyone here ever like them? I remember the name, but strangley I can't remember what any of their songs sounded like, were they just an average band, or an obscure treasure? laugh
Yes. I liked them. Had 2 of their albums plus quite a few singles, but I don't think i'd buy any of it now.

Classix Nouveaux - Guilty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nawiQi1kNoI&feature=related

Quote:
Originally posted by Core Memory

What Music Are You Listening To? or rather, not!

Amazon have just suggested that 'I might also like':
Classix Nouveaux - Liberty Singles Collection,
a new CD being released later this month.
Anyone here ever like them? I remember the name, but strangley I can't remember what any of their songs sounded like, were they just an average band, or an obscure treasure?
Core Memory - I remember liking Is it a dream. In fact, after seeing your post I have just played it twice on YouTube. First time I've heard the track in about 20 years - great stuff laugh

Administrator
Administrator
You're all so mistaken, the official likable-ness/ innnovative/worthiness of the Kate Bush albums is...

The Kick Inside
The Sensual World
Lionheart
The Dreaming
Aerial
Hounds of Love
Never For Ever
The Red Shoes

Oooh - I do like a good disagreement :p

Actually, Kate Bush is an interesting one.
OK so she is undoubtedly the single best-looking woman ever to walk into a recording studio (OK, maybe the second...)

But - does her music have the durability we associate with some of other favoured artists on this forum?

As I listen now to The Sensual World - from whence I will start to pay more of her material - I realise how seldom I play anything by Kate BUsh except Aerial and The Kick Inside.
Most times, I love Aerial, but then it bores me.

As my taste has matured and diversified over the last ten years, so I have left this behind and rarely listen now. Which suggests to me tht it was part of a time, and part of me at the time, and has less relevance to where I am now than most other things I listen too.

Great topic - sorry to hijack the post

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
M
M
Harmonia & Eno '76 - 'Tracks and Traces' reissue with 3 extra tracks

Mojo Presents 'A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding In Your Mind'- Compiled & Mixed by Amorphous Androgynous

CAN - 'Radio Waves'

still on Donna Summer plus...

David Bowie - Best of 1980 - 1987

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

C
C
Listening to, Bibio: Ambivalence Avenue

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Classix Nouveaux - Guilty
Guilty – I know I remember it now!
Couldn’t listen to the link yesterday as I was at work at the time, I can see now how they fitted in easily with the new romantic/goth scene. But, Is It A Dream, I still couldn’t quite recall that one, funny how you forget some things but remember others, The lead singer stays in my mind very clearly (perhaps they were featured in Smash Hits laugh ) but the music has faded away.

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong (Re: Kate Bush):
As my taste has matured and diversified over the last ten years, so I have left this behind and rarely listen now. Which suggests to me that it was part of a time, and part of me at the time, and has less relevance to where I am now than most other things I listen too.
It often turns around for me, just takes a very long time! Her albums are definitely a part of a period for me, so, apart from The Dreaming I really don’t let myself experience them anymore. After ‘annexing’ her in the past I even let The Red Shoes album just drop off my radar.
I feel a Kate Bush revival coming on, note to self: reinstate her into my listening this year

Paradise Lost - Host

This should have been in my albums of the decade. I forgot how good it is.

The roar of the sky!

By a complete accident:-

http://www.myspace.com/michaelbassett

Michael Bassett is the American guy in my videos of The Quiet Man Bath,he was responsible for putting the show on.

His stuff is excellent.I'm tempted to buy a copy of his album.

How did I come accross him,he contacted me on Myspace for permission to use my footage from Bath.

Not electro I know but still brilliant.
Go check him out.

Brian

S
S
Kraftwerk - Autobahn

Page 564 of 753 1 2 562 563 564 565 566 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.