Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 560 of 753 1 2 558 559 560 561 562 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I just got the Simple Minds - Sons and Fascination/Sister Feelings Call and New Gold Dream 2002 remasters, so am enjoying the improved sound quality of these 2 damn fine albums.
Sounds good...I didn't know they existed.

Yep! I didn't bother with them at the time, but at 3.99 each (actually Sons/Sisters was 2.99) on hmv.co.uk, they weren't to be missed!

The sound level on NGD was always infuriatingly low and the vocals almost lost in places. The remaster sounds so much better, although the vocals are still quite deep in the mix - must have been how it was recorded. It's got much more punch and clarity overall.

And Sons/Sisters comes with the 2 tracks originally omitted (for reasons unknown) from the 1986 CD issue, "League of Nations" and "Sound in 70 Cities". It all sounds very nice and clear smile

Excellent.

ME? Listening to Pet Shop Boys Xmas thing .. :rolleyes:

F
F
btw, the dvd-audio edition of New Gold Dream is really awesome! a bit harder to get since it is out of print.

fons

S
S
The Leisure Society - Sleeper & A Product Of The Ego Train

T
T
Bright Eyes "Letting off the Happiness" - the perfect way to unwind cathartically before tomorrow's travel chaos. I feel almost CLEANSED.

Jim White "No Such Place" - timeless, with wonderful track titles including "10 Miles to Go on a 9 Mile Road", "God Was Drunk When He Made Me" and "Handcuffed to a Fence in Mississippi".

Have I heard the last of Slade and their ilk this year? I do believe I have.

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:

Have I heard the last of Slade and their ilk this year? I do believe I have.
Mark, I do hope so. Though of all the tat, the Slade song stands above the rest.

Thanks for new names to look into, listen out for etc.

I'm currently going for the carols, with choirs from Westminster Abbey and Guildford. No excuses, its one of hose seasonal things I enjoy.
Gonna end tonight with Bill nelson's Crimsworth for no particular reason.

Signing out now until 29th, when I return to real life...

Happy Christmas sir, may your travels be rewarding

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
S
S
Just listening to what santa left for me.

Marc Almond -Orpheus In Exile A beautiful album.

Shifting City Plus

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Just listening to what santa left for me.

[b]Marc Almond -Orpheus In Exile
A beautiful album.

Shifting City Plus [/b]
Hope you enjoy them Scott - two fine albums.

I'm doing the same thing actually. Currently uploading the CDs I got for Christmas:-

Tom Waits Small Change from 1976 and the wonderful Blue Valentine from 1978, and

Jarvis Cocker's second album - this year's Further Complications which I added to my wish list based on recommendations in this forum.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Santa's pressies for me as well: -

Ade Fenton - Artificial Perfect
Gary Numan - Jagged Edge

Page 560 of 753 1 2 558 559 560 561 562 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.