Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 556 of 753 1 2 554 555 556 557 558 752 753
Oh I've had Empires and Dance for years! And Reel to Reel Cacophony.

Both great albums... although Real to Reel utterly terrified me the first time I heard it.

Premonition and Changeling.... two excellent songs.

It was a genuine joy to hear I Travel played live at the gig last weekend.

S
S
A real blast from the past today.

Electric Light Orchestra - Light Years: Very Best Of

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Oh I've had Empires and Dance for years! And Reel to Reel Cacophony.

Both great albums... although Real to Reel utterly terrified me the first time I heard it.

I had an unhealthy addiction to Sister Feelings Call when it came out. It came shrink-wrapped with Sons and Fascination - which is a good album - but I reallly liked Sister Feelings Call...no idea why.

I'm currently listening to John Foxx & The Maths, Sideways and...

"Ba-b-baa! Ba-ba-ba-b-baa!This is Planet Earth...." The first album by Duran Duran;

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2009/12...tion-tracklist/

I confess - I'm really looking forward to these reissues especially the first album eek

Still on early Minds.

But, yes!... Duren Duran's debut album is fantastic. One of my favourites. Brilliant stuff.

...Is there anyone out there?

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
[b] Oh I've had Empires and Dance for years! And Reel to Reel Cacophony.

I had an unhealthy addiction to Sister Feelings Call when it came out. It came shrink-wrapped with Sons and Fascination - which is a good album - but I reallly liked Sister Feelings Call...no idea why.

I'm currently listening to John Foxx & The Maths, Sideways and...

"Ba-b-baa! Ba-ba-ba-b-baa!This is Planet Earth...." The first album by Duran Duran;

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2009/12...tion-tracklist/

I confess - I'm really looking forward to these reissues especially the first album eek [/b]
Just remembered another great Duran non- 1st album track 'Tel Aviv'.

John Foxx & Louis Gordon - Shifting City.

Can't believe how I survived so long without this album laugh Every time I here the mono version of Shadow Man it makes me grin from ear to ear. I think I like this version more than the album one.

Paul Berry - Slow Motion Pictures.

Still amazed this album was a free download. If I'd paid top whack I wouldn't feel short changed. Quality.

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Talking of Duran Duran I did make contact with Andy Wickett and happened to be into Ultravox at the time when John was the lead singer. smile

I listened first to Portfolio. This is a collection of tracks post his venture with Duran Duran. Nothing exciting for me but some good songs in there written with his guitar. He kindly added Stevie's Radio Station from his pre-Duran Duran band TV Eye. It's a track that if you send the mp3 to Iggy Pop he'll cover it immediately. This track was played by Duran Duran with and without Andy Wickett. Parts of this track appears on the Duran Duran tracks Rio and Last Chance On A Stairway. Simon Le Bon's romantic melodies are very different to Andy's new wave's melodies and his input to Duran Duran is often overlooked.

I then played the Duran Duran Demos. This consists of four tracks with Andy (Wickett), Nigel (aka John), Roger and Nick. Reincarnation and Working The Steel didn't do too much for me and I can see why these tracks never resurfaced later on. See Me, Repeat Me is a fantastic track, reminiscent of Japan, which sees John, Roger and Nick paving the way for their first hit Planet Earth. Although, parts of this track appeared on Rio, a cut and paste job a la William Burroughs. The original of Girls On Film appears here and is very true to the hit single. All that changed was Simon adding his romantic lyrics and vocal melody, and Colin Thurston's excellent production skills.

If you like Duran Duran it's worth getting the Demos and only costs GBP7 including P&P. Oh by the way, artwork is by John Taylor.

It's now the turn of John Foxx and The Maths...hurrah for analogue synths! laugh

Chris wink

"Debut" by Björk.

I had forgotten how good this album was (is).

One of the few female singers that I can listen to a whole album of in one sitting. One more can listen a lot of is Julianne Regan.

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
John Foxx & The Maths:

Destination
September Town

John Foxx:

Flightpath Tegel

All in a continued loop. Eagerly anticipated new material from John Foxx. As owner of some synths I'm just in awe on how all sounds are carefully sequenced and how easily John comes up with a melody. As a fan of analogue synths all this music is heaven.

Chris laugh

S
S
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More

Good new band. New single Winter Winds should hopefully do well in the Christmas charts & give them a bit more recognition. Going to see them in March next year.

Page 556 of 753 1 2 554 555 556 557 558 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.