Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 552 of 753 1 2 550 551 552 553 554 752 753
C
C
(edited!) - I'm listening to the sound of me putting my foot in my mouth... :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeF:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] More Suicide; Live 1977 - 1978 Discs 1,2 & 3
They are truly the first electro punk band. About five years ago, I saw them live in New York at the Knitting Factory. I was standing next to Ric Ocasek who produced some of their albums. Martin Rev was literally punching and karate chopping his synth. Alan Vega couldn't remember his lyrics so he made up new ones for every song. It was shambolic but good fun.

About 10 years ago, I saw an Alan Vega solo gig where he did a few songs with the opening band Panasonic who do minimal, buzzy, noisy techno with homemade synths. Alan was caterwauling on top of this music. The bartender summed it up as "singing love songs to your blender" which was an excellent description. [/b]
Many thanks for sharing Mike,

Suicide never really seem to do gigs do they – they’re more, sort of…’events’ heh! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bad Suicide ‘event’ either – they’re just too chaotic to deliver one!

I too saw the Alan Vega & Pan Sonic shows (they had also supported Suicide back in ’98) – I like your bartenders description! laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
[b] Over the past weeks John's latest offerings:

[b]In The Glow - a perfect souvenir of the post-Metamatic era. Great live tracks and fantastic guitar playing by Robin Simon in particular Walk Away on disc one.

Shifting City - the remastering does make a difference and it is a very good album.

Pleasures Of Electricity - one of John's finest albums. Only slight differences between the remastered and the original. The original was so good that it's funny that it didn't chart. What people have been missing.

Finally, I just treated myself to Duran Duran's collection of A sides and B sides on the three disc The Singles 1981-1985 . Some fantastic B sides like Faster Than Light, Secret Oktober and Khanada.

Chris wink [/b]
Has there ever been a remaster of the first Duran album with 'Faster Than Light' 'Late bar' & 'khanada' on it?

You can contact me in Room 7609. wink [/b]
La-la-la-late ba-ar, la-la-la-la-la-la-la-laaaaaa!

Sorry – as soon as I saw that post I had to start singing ! laugh

M
M
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] Over the past weeks John's latest offerings:

[b]In The Glow - a perfect souvenir of the post-Metamatic era. Great live tracks and fantastic guitar playing by Robin Simon in particular Walk Away on disc one.

Shifting City - the remastering does make a difference and it is a very good album.

Pleasures Of Electricity - one of John's finest albums. Only slight differences between the remastered and the original. The original was so good that it's funny that it didn't chart. What people have been missing.

Finally, I just treated myself to Duran Duran's collection of A sides and B sides on the three disc The Singles 1981-1985 . Some fantastic B sides like Faster Than Light, Secret Oktober and Khanada.

Chris wink [/b]
Has there ever been a remaster of the first Duran album with 'Faster Than Light' 'Late bar' & 'khanada' on it?

Sorry – as soon as I saw that post I had to start singing ! laugh [/b]
We can dance together
All night if you've got the time...

over to you, Garry laugh

M
M
In preparation for his gig tonight at Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, where I shall be meeting up with 'The Quiet Trees'.

Gary Numan - 'The Pleasure Principle'

and the album I will be listening to on the way to the gig will be:

A Perfect Circle - 'Mer de Noms'

Gary Numan - Sacrifice

C
C
A little bit of Pure, Jagged, Replicas, and Telekon,
but from start to finish its been The Pleasure Principle all the way for me lately

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
Over the past weeks John's latest offerings:

Chris wink [/b]

Sorry – as soon as I saw that post I had to start singing ! laugh [/b]
We can dance together
All night if you've got the time...

over to you, Garry laugh

La-la-la-late ba-ar, la-la-la-la-la-la-la-laaaaaa! laugh

Leaving Nite Romantics alone for a bit and listening to Repercussions by Distance - very Leftfield Rhythm and Stealth-inspired Dubstep.

Q
Q
The Devils (Rhodes and Duffy) on v.retro Phillips
Cassette Walkman. Also the BBC R4 Documentary on
same-hilarious anecdotes abound... laugh
(Rackhams Cafeteria circa 78' anyone) wink

OMD week continues with ..the beginning and the end (almost).. 'The Id EP' & 'Universal'

Page 552 of 753 1 2 550 551 552 553 554 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.