Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 543 of 753 1 2 541 542 543 544 545 752 753
S
S
A nice relaxing day off work today & absorbing myself in

Mick Karn - Each Eye A Path & More Better Different. Just finished his book & decided to give these a listen to.

Robin Guthrie - Songs To Help My Children Sleep & Angel Falls EP

The new Robocast podcast, "Upstairs with with Eric"...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
The new Robocast podcast, "Upstairs with with Eric"...
Cheers for that Alex - will download later on.

Right now it's Saint Etienne - So Tough (Deluxe Edition)

C
C
It’s a French Funkelectro day as I don my space biker helmet and visor, slip into my black jump-suit with neon stripes laugh and cut some Space Cowboy shapes to tracks from these albums -

Daft Punk: Discovery, and Homework.

Air: Moon Safari,

and Cassius: 1999.

Mesh A Perfect Solution

It's an 80s avantgarde moment with Touch cassette: Meridians 1 - lots of scary 'treated' noises and various soundbites producing an uneasy background music for home, car or office listening.
Oh and something called The Quiet Man 4 by John Foxx in the middle of it.

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Sorry to lower the tone, but I'm back with Kai Motta, the High Priest of Rap.
very disappointed you took down the first picture of Rev Motta, he seemed like a fine figure of a lovely young man of the cloth, and if that picture above now is representative of our spiritual guiders then its sadly no surprise indeedy that church attendances are (apparently) on the increase eek
I expect to see this fully reviewed in 'The News of the World' (apparently Britain's biggest-selling newspaper) laugh

Drugs and Religion? That can’t be right surely...

Listening to Bibio: Ambivalence Avenue

came through the post this week (after a very long delay, must’ve been a strike or something).
I wasn’t entirely grabbed by his first two albums, I love his nostalgia ambience, but just a bit too much of the folkyness mix for me, but he does it all so well. I got into Vignetting The Compost more though, (his earlier album this year), but Ambivalence Avenue is a bigger change of direction that opens up much more ground for me to enjoy.

Moving right along from the avant-garde I'm now onto "Più di te" (More Than You) the comeback covers album of flame-haired Italian songstress Ornella Vanoni, popular in the sixties and seventies amazingly now 75 and in fine form.
Unknown in the English speaking world I think but bizarrely has her own page on the NME site and really does have an amazing voice.

M
M
Adult. - 'Resuscitation'

Andrew Wetherall - 'Fabric 19'

Gary Numan - 'Exile'

Death In Vegas - 'Fabric 23'

S
S
Just bought Johns Cathedral Oceans I & II & it's beautiful. Listening to it just now with a nice glass of red & it's so relaxing. It's the first time I've heard this & I must say it's been a pleasure.

Page 543 of 753 1 2 541 542 543 544 545 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.