Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 535 of 753 1 2 533 534 535 536 537 752 753
T
T
Kraftwerk "Radio-activity" - one of those that got left behind on my shelf. This is where it all seems to begin.

John Foxx & Louis Gordon - "The Pleasures of Electricity" (original version, the new mixes, and the bonus tracks). John appears to do his best Roger Waters impression on the verses of "Twilight Room" ...

Arab Strap "The Red Thread", "Elephant Shoe" and "Monday at the Hug and Pint" - nothing more than "peerless" needs saying about these.

Pulp "We Love Life" - mature, reflective, autumnal, uplifting, depressing, and heartbreakingly good.

Gary Numan "The Pleasure Principle" - slowly starting to give him the benefit of the doubt since this really is very very good. Maybe one day I will even give "Telekon" a try ...

Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Kraftwerk "Radio-activity" - one of those that got left behind on my shelf. This is where it all seems to begin.

Gary Numan "The Pleasure Principle" - slowly starting to give him the benefit of the doubt since this really is very very good. Maybe one day I will even give "Telekon" a try ...
Radioland is just one of the most beautiful tracks they ever did. For some reason, that more 'human' material like Radioland and Ananas Symphonie (from Ralf & Florian) for example, all but disappeared after Trans-Europe Express.

Telekon is excelllent as is the much too derided Dance which is a very bleak and emotional album for Numan.

C
C
A really dark and gloomy day out there, looking like there could be rain on the way for a while, so indoors its been a quiet mood with -

Japan: Gentlemen Take Polariods, (and David fittingly under his umbrella on the cover smile )

followed by Blue States: Man Mountain, taking things up a notch with a blend of gentle songs and a touch of atmosphere (this is a CD I usually seem to play in the darker months)

TOUCH The virtual concert by YELLO

Like every Yello album, this sounds like a perfect film soundtrack.
TOUCH would be the Film Noir soundtrack;
a smooth and velvet combination of jazz, funk and electronics
that creates a smoky nightclub atmosphere.
Some tracks sound as if they belong to the Twin Peaks OST.
cool
It's their 12th studio album and they're still going strong.

Administrator
Administrator
Does anyone else have days when nothing you can play is dark and difficult enough???

confused

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Does anyone else have days when nothing you can play is dark and difficult enough???

confused
Not me.

I'd probably recommend the Horrors for days like that.Challenged my ears anyway:)

M
M
Quote:

confused
Certainly do, Martin. Maybe 'Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun' might do the trick. Perfect listening for this dying time of year.

Quote:

confused
Oh yes indeed!

Anyway this morning it was Kraftwerk's Radioactivity (old non-remastered version).

It's cold wet and miserable today so not sure whether to listen to music in tone with the weather or something cheerful hoping it will go away frown

The new TPOE

And some Goldfrapp.

M
M
Dead Can Dance - 'Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun'

Sisters OF Mercy - 'Floodland'

and then I went interstellar with a cockpit full of synthy-tangerine-jarre-type-a-spacemusic

Ian Boddy - 'The Uncertainty Principle'

Page 535 of 753 1 2 533 534 535 536 537 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.