Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 534 of 753 1 2 532 533 534 535 536 752 753
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
[b]Mojo's free cd: The Man Machine

Especially: Komputer: Like A Bird
Mojo's review:
'Formed in 1998 as a reaction to Britpop and openly hailing Kraftwerk as a key influence both in terms of sound and image, London-based duo Simon Leonard and David Baker have evolved musically over three albums. This track - and its accompanying video - echoes Kraftwerk's own sense of escapism coupled with the romanticism of things past'. [/b]
Agree 100% with you on that one Lody. 'Like A Bird' is the best track on there. Must buy their stuff.

S
S
Marc Almond - Singles 84-87

C
C
VNV Nation - Of Faith, Power & Glory

M
M
For obvious reasons

Kraftwerk - 'Autobahn' smile

For obvious reasons Wendy Carlos A Clockwork Orange - The Complete Original Score smile

The Human League - Reproduction: 2003 edition with the Dignity of Labour and all that. Travelogue to follow....

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
The Human League - Reproduction: 2003 edition with the Dignity of Labour and all that. Travelogue to follow....
I played those yesterday!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
[b]David Bowie (aka Space Odddity) (40th Anniversary edition)- Yes, it's 40 years since this was released and man landed on the moon. Pure chance, pure coincidence...pure genius. This was Bowie's first serious release and should be grouped as part of his 70s works of art. The songs are very much of the era but are of a high calibre. I bought this one on CD way back in 1984/1985 when I got into Bowie. I later got the Rykodisc version which contained this brilliant obscure track A Conversation Piece. [/b]
Oooh, Conversation Piece! I'd love to hear the original version! I have the 2002 re-recording that appeared on the Heathen bonus disc (I hadn't heard it before), and it has since become one of my favourite Bowie songs. It would be interesting to compare the two.

Administrator
Administrator
Anthony & the Johnsons tonight.

itunes classifies most of their music as "easy listening".

This is bollocks.

Is there a category for "difficult listening" confused

This is where I'm headed next:-

Always been a fan of Mr Thirlwell

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
M
M
Kraftwerk - 'Concert Classics'

Kraftwerk - 'Trans Europe Express'

Jansen|Barbieri|Karn - 'Beginning To Melt'

Kraftwerk - 'Expo 2000'

Page 534 of 753 1 2 532 533 534 535 536 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.