Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 531 of 753 1 2 529 530 531 532 533 752 753
Roxy Music - Country Life

Burial & Four Tet Moth / Wolf Cub 12"

C
C
Since the begining of the week I've mostly been going back and forth between Jacaszek: Treny, and some of Davids Manafon tracks, but this morning its been Arcade Fire: Funeral,
'Neighborhood *1 (Tunnels)', a great opening track, and a great start to the day...

Administrator
Administrator
Marc Almond & Michael Cashmore Gabriel and The Lunatic Lover

Bad judgement. Desperately beautiful...
Rossetti in music.
My Invisible Women would probably be pre-Raphaelite

There are so many nights when only Marc Almond will do. No-one else even comes close...

I should not have put this on frown

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Since the begining of the week I've mostly been going back and forth between Jacaszek: Treny, and some of Davids Manafon tracks, but this morning its been Arcade Fire: Funeral,
'Neighborhood *1 (Tunnels)', a great opening track, and a great start to the day...
That Jacaszek album is really good isn't it? Haven't felt the peace to play Manafon yet.

Having said that, 1am is quite peaceful but in a more gloomy way, and so the perfect choice:

Savoy Grand "People and What They Want"

Administrator
Administrator
Well, i guess it was inevitable...

After almost an hour in the company of the wonderful Alla Bayanova -

Jacques Brel has arrived

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
O
O
Tears for Fears - Raoul and the Kings of Spain.
This album is so often overlooked but there are glorious tunes and some real stompers. Standout tracks for me would have to be Raoul and the Kings of Spain and Sorry .

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
I'm not but I could be listening to this compilation New Romantics on amazon ..
It looks incredibly like some of those tapes we used to make up in the early 80s (well, I did anyway)... oh, and check Disc 2 track 20 ... heeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!
Haha. Very funny!

Seriously, though, I know what you mean.
I'd delete the Spandau, ABC, Adam and the Ants, Culture Club, and MOST DEFINITELY "Blue Rondo a la Turk" (Bleurgh!)
Most of the other stuff WAS on my tapes, except the stuff that would have been IF I could get hold of it..
Trouble was, a lot of my tapes were recorded on a portable cassette recorder, placed either next to the radio or tv. Lots of "your dinner's ready", etc..

£9.49 for 3 discs seems pretty good to me?

Quote:
Originally posted by OurFriendAnalogue:
This album is so often overlooked but there are glorious tunes and some real stompers...
Yes, I always enjoyed this one too..had it on cassette! Really like "Humdrum and Humble" "God's Mistake" and "Don't Drink the Water".

Speaking of stompers, had The Editors on this morning "The Back Room"..nice one Ivan wink

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by OurFriendAnalogue:
This album is so often overlooked but there are glorious tunes and some real stompers. Standout tracks for me would have to be Raoul and the Kings of Spain and Sorry .
Yes it's a great album & may even be there best. All tracks are great & would be hard to choose the best.Was at one point in my fav top 10 albums on its release.

Page 531 of 753 1 2 529 530 531 532 533 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.