Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 527 of 753 1 2 525 526 527 528 529 752 753
The Incident by Porcupine Tree and the Pleasure Priciple re-issue at the moment. Thomas Dolby remasters also on rotation.

C
C
Cloudland Canyon: Lie In Light

An album that proudly wears its Motorik and obvious influences on its sleeve, its a good fun listen, and will keep me going till the Neu remasters box-set appear on CD (if ever)

And also playing, the Wooden Shjips: Wooden Shjips

Various bits of Bryan Ferry.

Stuck in memory lane...

The The - Uncertain Smile 12"

Floods of memories from long lost days at school.

Administrator
Administrator
I'm still totally absorbed by Orpheus in Exile - even as a lifelong fan of Almond, I can't find a precedent for it.
Kozim's songs are brazen, bawdy, brilliant and utterly beautiful. Injustice, unfairness, misunderstanding. Decadent, relentless, fascinating.
Marc Almond interprets this with such total conviction that he is at a career best in terms of credibility, compelling drama and defiance.

His lust for life has never come across so strongly in a body of songs.
"Please don't go - so many songs have not been sung yet."

This opens so many windows, exposing so much truth and challenges preconceptions in a way that few others dare to try.
Its a complete redefinition of absolute genius.

We are so blessed that Almond is still with us - and this performance would suggest he has more to offer than ever before.
How is this possible??

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
Administrator
Mixing it up at the moment.

Currently playing Backdrop by Fra Lippo Lippi from their Nov 1980 'Tap Dancing for Scientists' EP.

I only like this ambient/experimental track from the B side of the single - the rest of the material doesn't move me, but its good for a nostalgia trip occasionally

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Total Harmonic Distortion - Mechanical Advantage
Dislikes: The rest of the album!
Not sure when, but I seem to have shifted away from this genre quite a bit. Had a hard time not to hit the "next track" button. Now safely back in the CD rack for another 10 years?

Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle: 30th Anniversary Edition but it's just too damn sunny today!

So I'm off to bask in The Golden Section of The Garden instead smile

T
T
Tom Waits "Alice" - beautiful and great fun, sometimes at the same time. I must locate the demos disc (which was "available" before the official version).

S
S
Nosound - Lightdark

There new album A Sense Of Loss comes out next week. This band should be huge. Check them out if you get the chance. You won't be disappinted.

Page 527 of 753 1 2 525 526 527 528 529 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.