Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 518 of 753 1 2 516 517 518 519 520 752 753
Administrator
Administrator
Kate Bush - Aerial.

I feel strangely drawn to this album now, having 'liked' it but never been truely convinced.
Just shows how much mood and circumstances and time effect one's appreciation of music

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Kate Bush - Aerial.

I feel strangely drawn to this album now, having 'liked' it but never been truely convinced.
Just shows how much mood and circumstances and time effect one's appreciation of music
That's a great album Martin. Not as good as The Red Shoes though & hopefully we won't have to wait as long for a follow up.

Sparks No.1 in Heaven

Japan - Quiet Life first thing this morning, then Conrad Schnitzler - Conal, followed by Imogen Heap - Ellipse, now it's Telex - Neurovision from 1980 (including a track called Tour de France .. mmmm)

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Japan - Quiet Life first thing this morning, then Conrad Schnitzler - Conal, followed by Imogen Heap - Ellipse, now it's Telex - Neurovision from 1980 (including a track called Tour de France .. mmmm)
Oooooooh! Telex! Nigh on impossible to find any Telex stuff over here (believe me I've tried)

Moskow Diskow...and..er...that's about it...

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
[b] Japan - Quiet Life first thing this morning, then Conrad Schnitzler - Conal, followed by Imogen Heap - Ellipse, now it's Telex - Neurovision from 1980 (including a track called Tour de France .. mmmm)
Oooooooh! Telex! Nigh on impossible to find any Telex stuff over here (believe me I've tried)

Moskow Diskow...and..er...that's about it... [/b]
Used to have 'Neurovision' + another one called 'Birds & Bees', I think.

Spinning Numan again today: -

Tubeway Army - 'Tubeway Army'

T
T
Three of Kevin Ayers's from the mid-seventies:

'The Confessions Of Dr Dream'
'Sweet Deceiver'
'Yes We Have No Mananas'

And...

Simple Minds - 'Empires And Dance'. Easy to forget what a bloody interesting band they once were because of their stadium rock years.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Quiet Trees:
Simple Minds - 'Empires And Dance'. Easy to forget what a bloody interesting band they once were because of their stadium rock years.
quite!
this morn it's been:
Heaven 17 - The Luxury Gap / remastered
Royskopp - The Understanding
John Lennon / Yoko Ono - Double Fantasy

Saint Etienne Foxbase Alpha (Deluxe Edition), The Sound of Water (Deluxe Edition), Leftfield Rhythm & Stealth...and an unhealthy amount of New Order, Donna Summer and Sparks

C
C
Apollo Four Forty: High On Your Own Supply.
and, Gravity Wheel: Bulldogtunawasp, (rock/electro, Big Beat style group who made a great debut album, and then promptly disappeared)
- Haven’t listened to either of these CD’s for many years, both were languishing for a while in a bag due for a trip to a charity shop, but giving them another spin I found that I still get quite a lot from them, and they are now rescued.

Howard Devoto: Jerky Versions Of The Dream
Luxuria: Beast Box

Its been a wet week here alright, and apparently we had over 3 inches of rain during just one 24 hour period, so while Howard was singing “I prayed for the break of the Monsoon”, I was looking out at the unrelenting rainy gloom and “Nodding my head oh so wisely to the rhythm of its cruelty…” laugh

Page 518 of 753 1 2 516 517 518 519 520 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.