Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 516 of 753 1 2 514 515 516 517 518 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
A bargain that turned to be a waste of money (£1.50)

Random 2
I feel your pain! That really is toilet. Mind you, the first one is awful as well.

Currently listening to Belbury Poly From an Ancient Star

David Bowie "Hours"

S
S
Marc Almond - Torment & Toreros

After reading the Torment & Toreros thread I thought I'd give it a listen & actually forgot how good it is. I've got all Marcs albums but admittedly haven't played any for a couple of years. Looking forward to his new album though which will be different again.

Administrator
Administrator
If you've read the other thread, you'll know how highly I rate this album.

Looking forward to Orpheus in Exile - the preview tracks are as good as I'd hoped. It will have to be somethng very special to improve on Heart on Snow though.

Happy listening...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
T
T
Portishead "Third", perfect after what can only be described as an irritating couple of days (but then life would be pretty unfulfilling if it ran completely smoothly).

Recently: the new one from A-Ha, and more Christmas music than is healthy in August.

Happy Mondays Squirrel and G-Man Twenty Four Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)

S
S
Virginia Astley - Hope In A darkened Heart.

Listening to Summer Make Good by Múm before I nip out to pick up their new one – Sing Along to Songs You Don't Know, which I hear is a return to form after the disappointing Go Go Smear the Poison Ivy.

Looking forward to hearing the track 'The Last Shapes of Never' which Múm describe as; “The saddest song we have ever made. It was written and recorded all in one day in a 14th century house in Estonia on a Monday. You can hear the fire place crackling in the background and if you listen carefully in the middle of the song you can hear the lady of the house coming in and offering us more chocolate.”

C
C
Earlier this week listened to A Secret Life as I went on a walk to a local mining museum, formerly a colliery, in one of the ex-mining towns in the area, (perhaps I was inspired by Birdsongs album review in the ASL thread laugh smile ). Never listened to ASL outside before, and on a mild, but windy day, ‘parts 1 & 2’ really sounded good at the start of my journey as I cut across a wide open field, it felt just like one of those European film scenes, (cue Art House sub-titles laugh ).

Can’t say I did actually go into the museum listening to the music, but there is a very tiny garden near the entrance and ‘part 6’ certainly added to the Zen-like feel of it all, fitting very well with nature, weather, and the like, which surprised me a little, as I’ve always felt ASL to be quite an interior album.

Finished the trip by walking around the area outside of the old buildings listening to the last three tracks from the Stars Of The Lid album: Gravitational Pull Versus The Desire For An Aquatic Life, some of which shares a similar feeling of emergence or transition to ASL (or so it seems for me)

This afternoon, a few tracks by Faithless, and Sylvian,
- the more downtempo and reflective tracks from the album Outrospective:
Crazy English Summer, One Step Too Far, and my all time fav’ Faithless songs, the very beautiful Code/Evergreen, and Liontamer.

followed up sweetly by Sylvians Nostalgia, Let The Happiness In, Darkest Dreaming, and Silver Moon.

Administrator
Administrator
Super stuff. I have the urge to follow up on the acts you mention, about whom I know nothing.

Thanks core

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 516 of 753 1 2 514 515 516 517 518 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.