Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 513 of 753 1 2 511 512 513 514 515 752 753
John Foxx - Metamatic

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
And so have I. Metamatic is indeed the most complete synth album. It still has me mesmerized when I listen to it. Timeless!

Also listening to some New Wave psychedelia:

Compass Kum'pas - Dalek I. The Wirral's best kept secret along with OMD.

Kilimanjaro and Wilder - Teardrop Explodes. It's funny how much Coldplay have borrowed from Julian Cope.

Finally, the overlooked Notorious album by Duran Duran. Nile Rodgers was in great demand in the 80s and this is an excellent production. It's funny that the best two tracks were not released as singles ie American Science, the sequel to View to a Kill and A Matter of Feeling, the sequel to Save a Prayer.

Chris wink

T
T
A weird mix of Springsteen "The Rising", The Necks "Drive By", Arab Strap "The Red Thread", and Babybird B sides.

M
M
John Foxx & Louis Gordon - From Trash

Long time no listen. A pleasure to hear again - it's maturing well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
John Foxx & Louis Gordon - From Trash

Long time no listen. A pleasure to hear again - it's maturing well.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - for me it's the best album they've done together.

Today it's been Peter Baumann Romance '76 and Propaganda A Secret Wish

Relaxin' at home before I go off for a week to Berlin.
Listening to 'Last Exit' by Junior Boys. They're influenced by our Johnny, so no-one will get harmed by listening to one of their albums.
Recommended:
Junior Boys: So This Is Goodbye

Gary Numan - Hybrid

I've recently been expanding my Gary Numan collection to include his 21st century offerings and this one arrived yesterday. It's a tricky CD to source these days. I could have gone for the re-packaged Hybrid Sessions boxset, but being the awkward so and so that I am, it had to be the original release. Anyway, I ended up buying a used copy off Amazon.

Some radical re-working here, so it's not really a 'best of' album - more Impossible than Glimmer. Some great stomping tunes!

Japan - Exorcising Ghosts

I notice there's another new bargain basement Japan compilation out;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collection-Japan/dp/B002E9HXHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249635807&sr=8-1

Looks absolutely tragic - don't the band have any say in this sort of stuff?

Simple Minds - Is "Sweat in Bullet" really nearly 30 years old? Still sounds so fresh. "The American" too. Just realised how desolate the music landscape is these days, or probably more accurately, how I'm not plugged in to it anymore!

C
C
Wooden Shjips: Dos

laugh a blue sky sunny morning and 'time to get your freak on' as I've just been handed this CD from the postman smile

I've been excitedly awaiting its arrival over the last few days, its a really fantastic follow-up to the previous album

Page 513 of 753 1 2 511 512 513 514 515 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.