Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 497 of 753 1 2 495 496 497 498 499 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Boards of Canada
Giving them a try now! Never heard of them before, but from the samples so far, its a good feel. If it was not for John's C.O. trilogy, i would never of listened to 'ambient' style music. These guys seem to take it in what id call a traditional direction, but its good stuff though.

Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
[b] I've recently become addicted to The Pleasure Principle. One hell of an album.
I can understand that. I was addicted to that album for years, when it was released.

In contrast, I only picked up Metamatic years later. [/b]
Ahhh! laugh
These two albums will always be linked together in my memory.
Bought them as a pair, after reading reviews about them.
It was the BOMB for me. cool Never heard popmusic that sounded so velvet and strange yet familiar. Butter ...

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Quote:
[b]Boards of Canada
Giving them a try now! Never heard of them before, but from the samples so far, its a good feel. If it was not for John's C.O. trilogy, i would never of listened to 'ambient' style music. These guys seem to take it in what id call a traditional direction, but its good stuff though. [/b]
Yes, know what you mean, you can't compare them to Biosphere for example. I've got one album of BOC that's called 'Music has the right to children'. It's a bit weird and I'm totally hooked on it! smile

Complete Madness by....Madness :p Just fancied something a bit nutty. laugh Well, it was either that or a Topic... :rolleyes:
Systems Of Romance in the car earlier. I must admit, I haven't played it for a while. I'd forgotten how brilliant it is! Perfect for a sunny day. cool

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Boards of Canada
Giving them a try now! Never heard of them before, but from the samples so far, its a good feel. If it was not for John's C.O. trilogy, i would never of listened to 'ambient' style music. These guys seem to take it in what id call a traditional direction, but its good stuff though. [/b]
Glad you like it Newvox - The Campfire Headphase is probably the easiest BoC album to listen to, however many reckon Geogaddi is their best, most of it was clearly recorded around the same time as Music Has The Right To Children.

Today I'm kicking off with Geogaddi and then moving on to The Chemical Brothers Surrender.

Simple Minds' Graffiti Soul. Worth the money for "This Is It" and "Moscow Underground" alone!

S
S
Ryuichi Sakamoto - Playing The Piano Live Tokyo 29th April 09

Going to see him in Edinburgh in December. Thanks to Paul I managed to download this from itunes Japan to get me in the mood. It's great. I think the man is a genius on the piano & Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence still sounds excellent. Lay out in the garden sunbathing this morning listening to it. So relaxing. Can't wait for the concert now.

The Jam: At The BBC

Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Boards of Canada
Yes, know what you mean, you can't compare them to Biosphere for example. smile [/b]
Yes, BoC and Biosphere are two of many groups ive not listened to before, at least not to the degree i should have. Heard their names but never the music much. Interesting how the Biosphere track 'Ballerina' has signs of Human League's - 'The Dignity Of Labour'.

Quote:
Glad you like it Newvox
It was very easy too. eek I guess The Chemicial Brothers has been good training, for a guitars and moog's person like me. smile

C
C
Yesterday it was A Secret Life, on a beautiful and very hot day, I was inspired to play it as all morning at home I could hear the faint clanging sounds of construction work going on in the distance, not played it for some time, so it was great to hear it again, still a close favourite for my top album release from John so far this year.
I’ve moaned in the past about its 36min duration, but it’s Just the right length for listening to at lunchtime before shooting off out to work, so ASL really is the audio snack you can enjoy between meals smile

Today it was a Can compilation sent to me from a friend, so I’ve been enjoying the Suzuki years, and thanks to the forum members for mentioning the albums in previous posts, got me wanting to hear more.

Page 497 of 753 1 2 495 496 497 498 499 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.