Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 485 of 753 1 2 483 484 485 486 487 752 753
In chill mood ... cool
Zero 7: The Garden
No-Man: Schoolyard Ghosts

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
In chill mood ... cool

[b]No-Man: Schoolyard Ghosts
[/b]
I'm listening to that now too. Fantastic album. One of my favourite bands.

Also listening to John Foxx - Assembly. Not yet having any of Johns studio albums (stil listening to this years 3) I've just picked this up & there are some great songs in there.

Administrator
Administrator
Be interesting to learn what you think are the stand-out tracks on Assembly, Scott, as someone who comes to them with fresh ears

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
[b] In chill mood ... cool

[b]No-Man: Schoolyard Ghosts [/b]
I'm listening to that now too. Fantastic album. One of my favourite bands.

Also listening to John Foxx - Assembly. Not yet having any of Johns studio albums (stil listening to this years 3) I've just picked this up & there are some great songs in there. [/b]
I saw them at their first gig abroad ever!
Proud to say it was at my homecountry. With a fantastic Steven Wilson among them.
Also curious what you think are the best tracks on the 'Assembly' album.

Front 242 "Official Version".

Forgot I even had this. Brilliant!!

T
T
Various new things:

Pet Shop Boys "Yes" - pretty damned good, and I really love "Did You See Me Coming?" despite Radio 2 playing it several times each shift.

Depeche Mode "Sounds of the Universe" - a grower I think. Great sounds, interesting lyrics, and "Wrong" is song of the year so far for me.

Aidan Moffat & The Best-Ofs "How To Get To Heaven From Scotland" - my new album of the year.

Bill Callahan "Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle" - another grower, already genius in places, he "used to be darker, then [he] got lighter, then [he] got dark again".

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Be interesting to learn what you think are the stand-out tracks on Assembly, Scott, as someone who comes to them with fresh ears
Martin I have heard Johns first 4 solo albums but not for over 20 years so I suppose it is with fresh ears. I will buy them but there just seems to be so many good new albums being released just now smile
Stand out tracks for me other than the singles on Assembly are Sitting At The Edge Of The World , In Mysterious Ways , Morning Glory & The Garden. The slow ones wink Showing my mellower side.

The Who - The Ultimate Collection

smile

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
[b] Ruth White 'Flowers Of Evil'
Have you heard her Short Circuits album? That's good (but not as good as Flowers of Evil)[/b]
Not heard her 'Short Circuits' album, Garry. Have you heard 'Terror Tales' by 'The Old Sea Hag'? It's sublime.

Today I'm revisiting the first three Ultravox albums 'Ultravox!', 'Ha! Ha! Ha!' and 'Systems of Romance'.

smile

Page 485 of 753 1 2 483 484 485 486 487 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.