Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 475 of 753 1 2 473 474 475 476 477 752 753
Today its Live from a Room followed by

We Fell to Earth

http://www.myspace.com/wefelltoearth

Followed by Northern Kind

http://www.myspace.com/northernkinduk

S
S
Just bought The Foxx/Gordon albums Crash & Burn & From Trash after hearing snippets on itunes. I have to say I was surprised & maybe a bit disappointed. They came out in 03 & 06 respectively but they sound to me still from the 80's. Don't get me wrong they are good but not what I was expecting. I'll need to explore Mr Gordon more. I also bought Tiny Colour Movies & that is superb. Maybe leaning a bit more towards my ambient tendencies. Kurfurstendamm & Looped Los Angeles both blew me away.

T
T
My Lost City
Gravenhurst "Flashlight Seasons"
Thomas Dolby "The Flat Earth"

and

Morrissey "Years of Refusal" which (somewhat surprisingly given the reviews I have read of it) I think is something of a masterpiece.

Lots of Radio 2 where I work. They play the latest Pet Shop Boys single which I hadn't heard previously (I will get the album at some point when pay day comes), also what must be the new U2 single "Magnificent" (doesn't sound very magnificent to me, sadly), and a special shout out for what must be the worst song I have heard for some time, some filler off Ken Bruce's "Album of the Week". Step forward Lionel Ritchie ... where's the trapdoor lever when you need it. wink Also, we haven't a hope at Eurovision - awful, just awful.

Administrator
Administrator
The Eurovision thing is so disappointing. We could do this so, so much better just simply by not taking ourselves or the competition quite so seriously.

Tonight, I'm on The Drift with my 'brother jack' for company.

And I followed this with Third World's classic debut album - Sette Massgana, Slavery Days etc
Found connections I couldn't previously have imagined

Yes, my head is f**ked.
What's a guy to do when Scott Walker isn't difficult enough??? eek

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
The Very Best of Talk Talk.

What a fantastic compilation.

George Harrison - Cloud Nine

smile

Suzanne Vega - 'Nine Objects of Desire' and 'Songs in Red and Gray'.

smile

c23 Offline
Aphrodites Child (Early Vangelis band)

C
C
some fleetingly ambient, electronica post-jazz today -

Triosk: The Headlight Serenade.

I'm most pissed off, should be listening to A Secret Life, but its still not turned up. This is what I get for buying it cheaper from someplace else other than Townsend, (why do stores get away with advertising something as being 'in stock/4 days to deliver' when clearly they don't actually have their hands on the CD at all, and then they just keep fobbing you off with auto-email apologies frown )

Depeche Mode - Playing The Angel

My first listen, after receiving it for my birthday. I have to say I am very impressed.

Page 475 of 753 1 2 473 474 475 476 477 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.