Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 474 of 753 1 2 472 473 474 475 476 752 753
Just been checking: Benge: Twenty Systems at myspace. Dunnow if any-one before mentioned it. But I think it's brilliant.

He recorded 20 different synths, from 20 different years, starting in 1968 (if I'm correct). So, each year has it's own synt on wich he plays tunes that fit the machine. Or perhaps: the machine dictates what the user should play.

And it quotes that JF joined him in his studio to record some tracks. So who knows, even more new material from JF this year?

When you're a synth fan - and who isn't here at metamatic - I think this album is a 'must-have'. Alas, Eno thinks so ...

This morning TCM whilst cycling.

Then some Louis Gordon on his Myspace.

Robocast podcast whilst washing the car.

Now a new group,We Fell to earth

http://www.myspace.com/wefelltoearth

Jagged Edge, very loud.

Billy Joel 'The Ultimate Collection', at my bosses desk while he's in Oz with the volume, in true Spinal Tap style, literally turned up to 11.

smile

Ultravox! - Ultravox!

In flesh of ash and silent movies, I walked at boulevards again

And such a fantastic live version of My Sex at the end.

ELO - Concerto for a Rainy Day (from Out of the Blue)
... hoping the sun will come out at the end like in Mr Blue Sky

Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
Just been checking: [b]Benge: Twenty Systems at myspace. Dunnow if any-one before mentioned it. But I think it's brilliant.

He recorded 20 different synths, from 20 different years, starting in 1968 (if I'm correct). So, each year has it's own synt on wich he plays tunes that fit the machine. Or perhaps: the machine dictates what the user should play.

And it quotes that JF joined him in his studio to record some tracks. So who knows, even more new material from JF this year?

When you're a synth fan - and who isn't here at metamatic - I think this album is a 'must-have'. Alas, Eno thinks so ... [/b]
Sounds a lot like Martin Carradus: Analog (Toffeetones label)

P.S. What's the URL for the Benge thing?

I finally got around to buying a Louis Gordon album.Listening to Blind Anorexic

Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
[b] Just been checking: [b]Benge: Twenty Systems at myspace. Dunnow if any-one before mentioned it. But I think it's brilliant.

When you're a synth fan - and who isn't here at metamatic - I think this album is a 'must-have'. Alas, Eno thinks so ... [/b]
Sounds a lot like Martin Carradus: Analog (Toffeetones label)

P.S. What's the URL for the Benge thing? [/b]
www.myspace.com/twentysystems
It's also a link at John's Quiet Man blog ('Benge').
You can listen to some track there, sounds like velvet to me! laugh
So I decided to order the thing ... wink

Page 474 of 753 1 2 472 473 474 475 476 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.