Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 471 of 753 1 2 469 470 471 472 473 752 753
Today, I'm dipping in and out of the Oasis back catalogue...

It's a clear blue sky over My Lost City today with long delays at the Barbican Brakhage and I'm thinking of stopping off for lunch at the Hawksmoor Orbital.

M
M
J.J. Burnel - Euroman Cometh

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Filthy Dukes:-

http://www.myspace.com/filthydukes

They are using Conny Planks old mixing desk & loads of old gear to produce all of their stuff.

Heard some tracks on the radio recently.
I think I'm gonna buy the album.

Brian
Just playing "this rhythm" now. Excellent!
Sometimes, this thread throws up some excellent new stuff..

L
L
Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
Today, I'm dipping in and out of the Oasis back catalogue...
Presumably, that's my copy of the back catalogue you're dipping in and out of, yes?

No, no, EG - you take your time with it. It's only been with you for eighteen months after all.

smile

C
C
It’s been a beautiful day today and just for a change the sun really has been out warming the place up. Nicely timed the postman dropped off a CD that I’d been mulling over for a bit, eventually crumbling, I now confess to getting Empire Of The Sun: Walking On A Dream.

It all started a few weeks back when I half registered what seemed like a cheesy looking CD cover on display at a store counter, and what I though were two guys looking vaguely like stand-in’s for the big haired Tiger-tamer duo Siegfried and Roy, and a fantasy city in the background behind them that could easily be the Las Vegas hotels, why, there’s even a tiger running across water, (sounds familiar).

Intrigued, I went online and became instantly hooked on the videos, falling in love with the look. There’s a fab’ illustrated booklet with the CD, which carries through the style/concept of Empire Of The Sun, both guys looking like actors in a Baz Luhrmann film, or escapees from Channel Five’s ridiculous teen glam fantasy ‘The Tribe’ (a low budget TV show where hair and make-up became a post Armageddon statement for the only survivors, the under 20’s laugh ).

I bought this CD for some great songs that are on the first part of it, and two thirds of the album is consistently good and enjoyable, but the last two or three tracks sadly seem to completely lose the plot.

So head held up high, I’m going to state that listening to EOTS just makes me feel like I’m sixteen again, and the world is a place where we should all go out dressed like 70’s Bowie everyday, no matter what the weather… smile

The mammoth three-disc edition of the Blade Runner soundtrack.

Administrator
Administrator
My Lost City by John Foxx cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Curtis Mayfield:Superfly OST

C
C
Boards Of Canada: Geogaddi, I certainly couldn’t describe this as an upbeat album, but its faraway sound hovering someplace between a faded melancholy bordering on isolation does fit the mood of the weather here for me today, and its much like turning a corner in a very busy town centre in the afternoon and suddenly finding yourself all alone in long quiet empty streets with only the wind for company.
It’s blowing furiously cold outside while the sun is blazing away over a blue sky with fluffy little clouds, it’s got to be the most atmospheric day we’ve had in a long time.

Page 471 of 753 1 2 469 470 471 472 473 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.