Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 468 of 753 1 2 466 467 468 469 470 752 753
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Sadly, Townsend have taken nine days so far to successfully NOT deliver my copy of this...

Tonight my journey takes me instead through [b]Drift Music
as a kind of 'warm up', and the splendour that is A Delicate Romance

It's only taken me five years to learn how to listen to this remarkable album...

There are stone steps leading into the pool, down which a woman glides. Without breaking the surface she descends beneath the water. Dart and flicker. Shimmer and flash.
Rain is gently falling, but the fish have yet to notice. Notes unbroken hang like heavy curtains. They hold the key to it all in their austere presence. Like pillars and colonnades, holding up some kind of massive drama.
An insect moves, across the surface. Underwater, the blurred outline of golden fish drift like giant cars.
There is some light on the surface of the water, as if it were spilled there.

After All this Time is another amazing piece of music.
I know what I mean now about John having enough releases in progress to keep us going five years. I feel I could listen to this for the next six months and get more out of it every time.

Expect a review of My Lost City sometime in 2014... :rolleyes: [/b]
I have also come to appreciate "Drift Music" more and more over the years. I first played it the morning after my first Foxx gig (Bristol 2003), walking back through a strange city to catch the first train to eventually go to work. An intensely sensual experience in the pre-dawn but I only heard the first five tracks or so that morning and on subsequent plays I tended to "drift" thereafter. Nowadays it still has that first memory but also so much more besides.

School of Seven Bells Alpinisms (Special Edition) . I’d heard about this album but not heard it and so I picked it up last night on the strength of its beautiful sleeve design alone.

A suprising and recommended purchase, I can only describe it (as someone else described it) as ‘Prog Synth-Pop’ – Imagine the girls from Marsheaux mixing it up with Neu! and Tangerine Dream and you’re somewhere towards where the heart of this album lies.

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
School of Seven Bells...
thanks for posting the link RadioBeach, its a lovely title, and certainly got me interested, maybe theres some samples on itunes that I'll be able to check out later.

Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Quote:
[b] School of Seven Bells...
thanks for posting the link RadioBeach, its a lovely title, and certainly got me interested, maybe theres some samples on itunes that I'll be able to check out later. [/b]
Hi Core,

They really are worth checking out - you can listen to some stuff on their MySpace site - http://www.myspace.com/schoolofsevenbells

Enjoy!

M
M
The Future & The Human League - 'The Golden Hour Of The Future'

Cabaret Voltaire - 'Methodology - The Attic Tapes'

Yep. My head is stuck in Sheffield, 74-79...

C
C
Quote:
They really are worth checking out - you can listen to some stuff on their MySpace site - http://www.myspace.com/schoolofsevenbells
Its on my wish list now! (having checked out myspace/itunes).
The singing’s just a tad girly at times, but I love Alpinisms dreamy electro/lounge/shoegaze beat, it’s certainly welcome at my home any time.

I think its now going to turn into a Goldfrapp: Seventh Tree meets Thievery Corp: Cosmic Game kind of morning for me, just need the birds to sing and the sun to come out, followed by the arrival of Spring laugh

Good call on School of Seven Bells.Liking it.

Yesterday was Radiohead:In Rainbows. Ive had the since last year but only realised what a brilliant album this is.

Today its BoC:The Headphase Campfire.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
The Future & The Human League - 'The Golden Hour Of The Future'

Cabaret Voltaire - 'Methodology - The Attic Tapes'

Yep. My head is stuck in Sheffield, 74-79...
...again! laugh I really must move out of there soon myself! wink PS - Will PM you soon - HONEST!

Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Quote:
[b]They really are worth checking out - you can listen to some stuff on their MySpace site - http://www.myspace.com/schoolofsevenbells
Its on my wish list now! (having checked out myspace/itunes).
The singing’s just a tad girly at times, but I love Alpinisms dreamy electro/lounge/shoegaze beat, it’s certainly welcome at my home any time.

I think its now going to turn into a Goldfrapp: Seventh Tree meets Thievery Corp: Cosmic Game kind of morning for me, just need the birds to sing and the sun to come out, followed by the arrival of Spring laugh [/b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Gavin:
Good call on School of Seven Bells.Liking it.

Yesterday was Radiohead:In Rainbows. Ive had the since last year but only realised what a brilliant album this is.

Today its BoC:The Headphase Campfire.
Hi guys!

Glad you’re liking SVIIB! Sadly the sun didn’t come out for me today – I’ve been listening to Saint Etienne’s Tiger Bay and now I’m off to visit My Lost City

I visited My Lost City this morning. I Crashed and Burned after that and it left me with a Jagged Edge.

C
C
This morning started off with Thievery Corporation: Versions.
Haven’t played this for a very long time, it quickly dawned on me why, although there’s a few atmospheric/lounge songs here and there, many tracks are just bland café background, and the album never really takes off, and without wishing to offend any Nouvelle Vague fans on the forum the NV cover on Versions of ‘This Is Not a Love Song’ is dire, we should start a new thread called ‘Worst Cover Versions’.

All of this soon gave way to more serious stuff and a mystical album double bill of Dead Can Dance: The Serpents Egg, and My Lost city.

Now playing the Cocteau Twins: Heaven Or Las Vegas album, great poppy tracks and beautiful songs: Road, River, And Rail

Page 468 of 753 1 2 466 467 468 469 470 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.