Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 467 of 753 1 2 465 466 467 468 469 752 753
Chew Lips

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=352745413

I would be listening to them live @ the Birmingham Barfly but I'm too shattered.

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
[b]The Wire on Air - Adventures In Modern Music

I'm indebted to Garry for the reminder of this 'service'. It's amazing what treasures lie undiscovered right under your nose.

Currently enjoying July 3rd 2008, which includes segue from Viginia Astley into The Garden, as well as tracks by Amon Duul 2, Lee Scratch Perry and The Ragga Twins laugh [/b]
Cheers Martin - and you're quite right it is a great source for finding things.

I'm now just wandering through My Lost City - this album just takes over everything at the moment.

Administrator
Administrator
Sadly, Townsend have taken nine days so far to successfully NOT deliver my copy of this...

Tonight my journey takes me instead through Drift Music as a kind of 'warm up', and the splendour that is A Delicate Romance

It's only taken me five years to learn how to listen to this remarkable album...

There are stone steps leading into the pool, down which a woman glides. Without breaking the surface she descends beneath the water. Dart and flicker. Shimmer and flash.
Rain is gently falling, but the fish have yet to notice. Notes unbroken hang like heavy curtains. They hold the key to it all in their austere presence. Like pillars and colonnades, holding up some kind of massive drama.
An insect moves, across the surface. Underwater, the blurred outline of golden fish drift like giant cars.
There is some light on the surface of the water, as if it were spilled there.

After All this Time is another amazing piece of music.
I know what I mean now about John having enough releases in progress to keep us going five years. I feel I could listen to this for the next six months and get more out of it every time.

Expect a review of My Lost City sometime in 2014... :rolleyes:

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Today I'm addicted to the Simple Minds track "A Brass Band In African Chimes"...

Lovely.

M
M
Simple Minds - Sons & Fascination/Sister Feelings Call

Human League - Reproduction

After enjoying and slowly getting into My Lost City over the last few days I thought I'd give Cathedral Oceans 3 another bash, as I've never really got into it.

Today it's Tangerene Dream: Exit, Green Dessert & Lillies on a Beach

Rediscovering some great music... cool

Earlier this morning it was selections from Gary Numan's "Pure" and "Hybrid" albums, topped off with "Walk this Way"..

Holywell Lane is playing now.. to be followed with Imperfect Hymn.

I've migrated on to various Numan live tracks now, from: Telekon Live, Dark Light, Scarred and Live in London.

NiN:Ghosts 1-4. Ideal music for painting your walls to.

Page 467 of 753 1 2 465 466 467 468 469 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.