Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 466 of 753 1 2 464 465 466 467 468 752 753
T
T
'My Lost City' - great. cool Deeply spiritual and engaging, I appreciate it more with every play. It's strong from beginning to end.

'Into The Gap' - The Thompson Twins. Consistent pop with some quality songs, but suffers from a lack of risks and it could have done with a few edgier numbers like on 'Quick Step And Side Kick'.

'Live In The Air Age' - Be Bop Deluxe. Finds the band on top form, though the unmistakably seventies sonic sensibilities do make it a bit of a dinosaur.

Recently it's been:

Simple Minds: Reel to Real Cacophony; Empires and Dance; Sons and Fascination/Sister Feelings Call and New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84) plus some of the Themes mixes, on my iPod shuffle.

This morning I was rediscovering some of my own music, in particular my album Into the Light.

And now... My Lost City...

I'm actually literally listening to 'Lose My Life' (single) by White Lies on the radio. Sounds like..The teardrop Explodes altho everyone seems to be citing Joy Division as influence.
Anyone heard the album? Any good? cool

John Foxx My Lost City

M-M-M-Mantronix The Album,Music Madness and In Full Effect,

Apparatus & Hand Musical Noisebox, The

Atomic Orchestra of Radioactive Europe Nuclear Chocolate,

Claudia Brücken Love: And A Million Other Things

Propaganda A Secret Wish

Dubstep Allstars: Vol.6 mixed by Appleblim

The Cure:Faith. Perfect sunday morning hangover music. cool

Early Simple Minds. Again.

John Foxx : My Lost City wink

C
C
Does the neighbour two floors below you unexpectedly come up and say theres been water dripping into his flat and also in the exact same area in the flat between yours and his, speculating that a slow leaking water pipe somewhere under your laminate flooring is to blame :rolleyes:
- stressed out by this unexpected news?

Remedy – lay down and take two sweet CD’s, mix them, and escape to that mental safe place with - Stars Of The Lid: And Their Refinement Of The Decline, together with - My Lost City smile

Administrator
Administrator
The Wire on Air - Adventures In Modern Music

I'm indebted to Garry for the reminder of this 'service'. It's amazing what treasures lie undiscovered right under your nose.

Currently enjoying July 3rd 2008, which includes segue from Viginia Astley into The Garden, as well as tracks by Amon Duul 2, Lee Scratch Perry and The Ragga Twins laugh

Album wise, this week I have been revisiting The Kick Inside which I'm pleased to have on the original CD release.
It's probably my favourite album of all time as every track has a special significance for me and evokes strong memories of that impressionable time.

None more so the The Man With the Child In His Eyes which still has tear-jerking resonance.

I'm also particularly fond of the opening track, Moving which is one of those songs that fits very much with my 'way of being'...

Moving liquid
You are just as water
You flow around all that comes in your way

I think this song had a lot to do with my subsequent interpretation of He's A Liquid because this too (to me) echoes that stoical philosophy

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
T
T
"Abandon Time" - Radial Blend. At least I think it is - the tape is unlabelled ...

A-Ha - "Scoundrel Days"
Ian McCulloch - "Candleland"

Page 466 of 753 1 2 464 465 466 467 468 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.