Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 448 of 753 1 2 446 447 448 449 450 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
THE EDITORS THE BACKROOM Sounds like Tom Robinson leading Joy Division through 11 Julian Cope penned songs with Julian doing occasional vocals (no bad thing)
Methinks you are giving them too much credit. The Editors are okay-ish; I listen to them now and then but I just cannot get inspired by their stuff.

T
T
Tortoise & Bonnie 'Prince' Billy "The Brave and The Bold"

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
[b] Man In Formaldehyde - Copper Sulphate Crystals

Shark Batter records compilation

Both free with the latest issue of Robots & Electronic Brains.
You made that up. [/b]
I thought that too! What a great idea!

But....IT'S ALL TRUE!

http://www.robotsandelectronicbrains.co.uk/

Now...where do I subscribe? smile [/b]
I've been a subscriber for about 3 years to R&EB. I found them on a search engine whilst looking for robotic things. You get a free cd (sometimes two) of compilation discs from different independent labels. The A5 magazine you get with it is full of reviews of bands you've never heard of, but you now want to get into because the reviews are so brilliantly written!

I think you get about 3 mags a year. it's really cheap to subscribe to it. You can pay via Paypal too.

Shark Batter records is run by someone who is a member of Dawn of The Replicants.

**** Me USA

Right now I'm listening to NOTHING.
Just bought a new cd receiver, fresh out of the box.
And guess what?
It's a DOA! (Dead On Arrival)
mad

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
Man In Formaldehyde - Copper Sulphate Crystals

You made that up. [/b]

But....IT'S ALL TRUE!

I've been a subscriber for about 3 years to R&EB. I found them on a search engine whilst looking for robotic things. You get a free cd (sometimes two) of compilation discs from different independent labels. The A5 magazine you get with it is full of reviews of bands you've never heard of, but you now want to get into because the reviews are so brilliantly written!

I think you get about 3 mags a year. it's really cheap to subscribe to it. You can pay via Paypal too.

Shark Batter records is run by someone who is a member of Dawn of The Replicants.

I just signed-up, too. smile

Jim just asked me if I'd like any other issues (15-17). Any recommendations?

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:
Man In Formaldehyde - Copper Sulphate Crystals

You made that up. [/b]

But....IT'S ALL TRUE!

I just signed-up, too. smile

Jim just asked me if I'd like any other issues (15-17). Any recommendations?

Yup! Me too - I've just signed up as well! smile

Cheers Mr.Ilektrik!

Blondie Eat to The Beat

One of my favourite Blondie albums ever and criminally, I’ve not listened to it for many, many years.

So many years in fact that I’ve only just realised that Sound-A-Sleep is clearly based on Pachelbel's Canon in D major – the same piece of music that Eno used for Discreet Music, that Village People creator Jacques Morali used for Go West, that The Farm used for Altogether Now and John Foxx used for Harmonia Mundi on Cathedral Oceans iii!
eek

M
M
Quote:
Jim just asked me if I'd like any other issues (15-17). Any recommendations? [/QB]
Yeah, all of the ones that are still in print. I'd love to get hold of the ones I don't have. I envy people who've got the whole set & have been into R&EB from the start, the lucky devils.

M
M
Quote:
Blondie Eat to The Beat

One of my favourite Blondie albums ever and criminally, I’ve not listened to it for many, many years.
WOW! It's my favourite Blondie album too. Much better than 'Parallel Lines', more mature fleshed-out sounding. They reached their peak on 'ETTB' & then went all safe & commercial on us.

Page 448 of 753 1 2 446 447 448 449 450 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.