Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 442 of 753 1 2 440 441 442 443 444 752 753
Ultravox: Rage In Eden

Cocteau Twins: Heaven Or Las Vegas - the last great album they made.

Ultravox: Vienna, Rage In Eden. The definitive remasters.
My opinion about these two albums is just like it was two decades ago: Vienna is an album where they are searching for a new sound, where Midge can fit in. On Rage they hit their mark. It's much better than their 'debut' album in my humble opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
My opinion about these two albums is just like it was two decades ago: Vienna is an album where they are searching for a new sound, where Midge can fit in. On Rage they hit their mark. It's much better than their 'debut' album in my humble opinion.
Almost the same as my thoughts. I think of 'Vienna' not as searching for a new sound, as they did that while on tour in '79. I see the 'Vienna' album as their new sound complete by the release time, but 'RIE' the high point and fine tuning of the Urevox era. Certainly their most complete album.

Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory

T
T
Various Dexys Midnight Runners, Pet Shop Boys and Erasure.

And "It's A Cool, Cool Christmas", featuring the likes of Grandaddy, The Webb Brothers, The Flaming Lips, Eels, Saint Etienne, Six By Seven, Calexico and Low.

Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Dexys Midnight Runners
I just have to ask. I have only heard one song of theirs (and we all know which one I am referring to) and I was curious as to if that track is indicative of all their work?

Quote:
The Flaming Lips
Have heard good things about them but haven't heard any of their music myself yet.

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Quote:
[b] Dexys Midnight Runners
I just have to ask. I have only heard one song of theirs (and we all know which one I am referring to) and I was curious as to if that track is indicative of all their work?

Quote:
The Flaming Lips
Have heard good things about them but haven't heard any of their music myself yet. [/b]
Hmm, Dexys, probably not, each of their three albums sound pretty different to me. "Don't Stand Me Down" (after the comedown from that "one song") is their best. If you want stuff that sounds like "that song" maybe start with "Too Rye Ay", from which it hails.

For the Lips, I would begin with "The Soft Bulletin" or "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots". Both are beautiful, have incredible humour and are terribly moving in places.

C
C
Paul Oakenfold: Bunkka

T.O.N.T.O.s Expanding Headband – Zero Time, John Foxx - Tiny Colour Movies, Karborn - morningyourmajesty mixtape

Page 442 of 753 1 2 440 441 442 443 444 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.