Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 425 of 753 1 2 423 424 425 426 427 752 753
In a health farm recovery break from Impossible and Neuro Video it's...

the recent Psychedelic Furs 5CD box-set; The Psychedelic Furs, Talk, Talk Talk, Forever Now, Mirror Moves....and...naaaaah - even I'm not that desperate to hear the FM-MOR of Midnight to Midnight eek awful, awful album.

Gazza

Currently listening to a workmate babbling nonstop on the phone with a nervous giggle at the end of every sentence.

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The John Foxx remasters sound amazing. Started the week with The Golden Section. The second disc is really good. Like them all. Mind you I prefer Zeus B Held's production including Endlessly. I love the Simmons SDS.

Next was In Mysterious Ways. I second the idea of moving This Side of Paradise to the second disc and having Spin Way instead. The version here of To Be With You is very interesting. I'm not to keen on And The Sky and Magic. The highlights on the second disc is Hiding In Plain Sight (Stairway) which has always been a favourite of mine and the alternative version of Shine on.

Today it's The Garden. My favourite album of all time. It's even better in this new format, deluxe with the Church booklet. Ah those memories.

Chris wink

Administrator
Administrator
I've been delving into the roots of it all this last week or so with Can

Soundtracks - 1970
Tago Mago - 1971 which is one of my favourites of all time.

What struck me listening to these this time round, was the essence of similarness between tracks like 'She Brings The Rain' and some of Louis Gordon's work. Will be giving Closed Gone Fishing at least another spin so, probably after a wander down Walnut Road.

And you know those moments that you remember when you hear them but you wouldn't have done five minutes earlier?
The psychotic drama of 'Mushroom', for instance, leads right into the very reason I visited Throbbing Gristle in the first place.
Recapturing that memory made me smile.

It's raining here. I've made the perfect choice.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
BTW I have some of these Can tracks scattered about the various official compilations that have been released so far. Tago Mago was well ahead of its time. Can were true pioneers of fusion who were later to inspire the likes of Japan etc.

After having a week's enjoyment of the John Foxx remasters I'm onto the Bill Nelson's ones. Quit Dreaming is very much of the era but holds custody to the excellent Foxxian Living In My Limousine and the delightful Do You Dream In Colour? The title track is also worth a listen. The Love That Whirls with the brilliant Flaming Desire and the Ultravoxian Private View is a more accessible record. Chimera is full of fusion themes with Mick Karn providing his classic bass lines to Glow World and Yukihiro Takahashi providing his YMO percussion to the whole album. Another favourite of mine is Another Day, Another Ray of Hope.

Chris wink

Administrator
Administrator
At last - i discover new material by The Rubicks!! cool

Currently with the working title Idiot Time, the new album sounds more alien, a greater arm’s length than their earlier material, the very wonderful In Miniature.
Consider that your cue to go up into myspace and check out Red Rock or June Waits, a track that sounds like a lonely robot stuck in a low orbit around Earth with nothing but some Blondie B-sides for company.

Vanessa at least was in the audience at Cargo... laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
Administrator
I'm also listening to this which is just an awesome performance of one of the most beautiful songs I've heard for years. Features the talented and experimental percussion of Alex Neilson (Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Current 93...) too, so has a lot more credibility than might first appear.

Have I raved enough yet about the incredible BABY DEE??
I can't have done, for the cows have not come home...

http://dublab.com/visionversion?id=1468

Don't forget, there is still time to vote for Safe Inside the Day in the 2008 Album Of The Year thread cool :p

It's Glimmer and A New Kind of Man this morning

INLANDISH by Hans-Joachim Roedelius & Tim Story (The Guardian: "... a record set alongside Eno, Air and Aphex Twin").
And the Foxxy remasters ... wink

Yesterday Curve - 'Pubic Fruit'.

Today Curve - 'Gift'.

Page 425 of 753 1 2 423 424 425 426 427 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.