Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 408 of 753 1 2 406 407 408 409 410 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
[b] The Island Years eek
I dont think ive ever known you to post that album here. confused I know its less tracks etc, but i always go for 'Three Into One' whenever i want a Foxxvox mix. To me, its the classic compilation. 'The Island Years' is great though and i would put 'Slow Motion' as third. [/b]
It's probably known here (or maybe not) that I'm not much of a fan of the pre-SOR material. I got The Island Years some time ago but never paid it much attention.

I tried and failed to get into Ultravox! and Ha! Ha! Ha! earlier this year.

But, one or two tracks aside, I really enjoyed The Island Years on my journey to work this morning. This compilation allows this particular set of songs to shine, and is more accessible. It's probably all I need - bringing together the most listenable bits, to my ears at least. Plus in the process I discovered "Cross Fade" smile

Maryann/Newvox - thanks for the info!
The '81 farewell concerts (the first of many farewells?) by Gary Numan were the first and most impressive that I have ever been too - they were available on video that year, but you had o send a blank video tape to the company to have it recorded! I didn't have a video deck at the time (or, can you believe, a telephone) so it seemed like a pointless exercise. The light show was (for its day) very special - and I can recall that one panel in the top array was not behaving as it should!

Support by Tik and Tok was fun too. I can't wait for that DVD to get released - I just hope I'm not dwelling in a romantic vision of my distant youth!

Quote:
It's probably known here (or maybe not) that I'm not much of a fan of the pre-SOR material.
Yep most of us knew that one. wink

Quote:
It's probably all I need - bringing together the most listenable bits, to my ears at least.
Its about the total reverse for me, even with the remasters i have this need for some official live album(s) from '77-'79.

Quote:
Originally posted by solenoid:
I can't wait for that DVD to get released -
Me too! Great news from Camp Numan these days. smile

I'm currently listening to Jagged Edge

Quote:
Originally posted by solenoid:
The '81 farewell concerts....
I can't wait for that DVD to get released - I just hope I'm not dwelling in a romantic vision of my distant youth!
Rest assured solenoid, the material 'found' for the official dvd releases of '81 and '79, have every possibility of being fantastic. With whats now available, they could be far better than not just the original videos, but also the laser discs from that time too. In some ways this could enhance everyones memories of those early days.

Well theres nothing like a little Nirvana to drift you slowly into the evening. So i played some '89 demos, you know, the ones not on the box set. smile Its a wonder just how great the sound quality is from some of these tracks. smile

Okay, grunge it is. Now listening to Pearl Jam: Ten

C
C
'In Mysterious Ways' 2008 remaster CD2.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

(and to think I was scared...)

Today has been a Pet Shop Boys day: Discography and Introspective

Page 408 of 753 1 2 406 407 408 409 410 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.