Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 406 of 753 1 2 404 405 406 407 408 752 753
C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Bill Nelson - Getting the Holy Ghost Across. The CD version includes the bonus 12" Living for the Spangled Moment. The album marked the end of an era, Bill's new romanticism and IMHO this era was his best and most influential. wink

I wonder when he's going to reissue all his instrumental albums from the 80s ie from Sounding the Ritual Echo to The Summer of God's Piano .

Now where's the postman with my John Foxx and Bill Nelson remasters?! :rolleyes:

Chris wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Now where's the postman with my Bill Nelson's remasters?! :rolleyes:
Oh no, more remasters. How terrible is that again. wink I never bought the originals, and have been thinking about some of Bills for a while, so this is good news. Bet the've been out for months and ive not even noticed. :rolleyes:

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd is one of the few groups ive never heard, as in bought my own copys of albums etc. shocked

I really liked Pink Floyd up until The Wall. Thought that one was too commercial and overblown. It did have one saving grace for me: the classic Comfortably Numb.

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
It did have one saving grace for me: the classic Comfortably Numb.
For me its always been the two 70's classic's, and this year I decided to relive them after nearly 28 years of not listening to the vinyl !
The remastered CD's have now been played many times this year: Dark Side Of The Moon, and Wish You Were Here, (I played these LP's to death pre-John!)

Have to agree that The Wall always felt too overblown for me, though it does have a few really quite beautiful tracks on it, Comfortably Numb is my fav' too.

I'm just off to put WYWH on smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
[b]Bill Nelson - Getting the Holy Ghost Across. The CD version includes the bonus 12" Living for the Spangled Moment. The album marked the end of an era, Bill's new romanticism...[/b]
I agree, just hope they reissue GTHGA on CD again, so I can get me one of those smile

New Order: Movement (unremastered)

As for Pink Floyd: I do not have the remasters. Not sure if I want to spend the money.

Nothing today so far, too busy, but TCM is lined up for this evening.

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
I never bought the originals, and have been thinking about some of Bills for a while, so this is good news. Bet the've been out for months and ive not even noticed. :rolleyes:
The remasters of Quit Dreaming And Get On The Beam, The Love That Whirls (Diary Of A Thinking Heart) and Chimera were released in 2005. :rolleyes: Better late than never. This is where I bought them from:

http://www.badlands.co.uk/store/search.aspx

Not bad. wink

Chris
PS They are selling them through ebay and at the moment they have 2 in stock of each.

Currently listening to Deluka.

http://www.myspace.com/deluka

I discovered them last Monday night supporting
Ladyhawke.Will post a review & pics soon.

Excellent night for 6 quid!

Brian

Page 406 of 753 1 2 404 405 406 407 408 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.