Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Administrator
Administrator
There's also a lot of work been done on the 'foreground' of the picture. It's a lot darker below the bridge now, with less definition. But the 'man in the pool of light' (The Quiet Man??) has been emphasised.

Altogether very nice indeed cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Yes! I've always wanted this CD cover in my collection and I'm a few weeks away from touching it.

I wonder if the "soon to be released" Quiet Man CD will have a version of the photo of the man in a suit from Systems of Romance. I must say there is an art in recycling art. laugh

We all loved Tiny Colour Movies so we are all excited with this new instrumental album.

Chris wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Rodney:
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
[b]Do anyone know which city we can see on the photo?
Hi there, Andreas. It is New York City (Manhattan) and is taken from somewhere to the side of the Brooklyn Bridge (that will actually be the carriageway onto the bridge in the upper foreground). The Woolworth Building is the tall spire on the right with the Transportation Building to its left, although this photo has been vertically 'compressed'. The photo is pre-World Trade Centre as the twin towers would also be visible (in the big space right of centre).

Cheers ... [/b]
Thanks Rodney!
It's a great work on the photo. I saw an add for Systems of Romance in the past , this photo was used for too. Would work fine on the wall in poster format ! smile

R
R
You're welcome, Andreas.

Rob: As a matter of interest, would you happen to have a copy of the full colour image, so that the right-side cropping used for Systems Of Romance and the left-side cropping used above, are intact in the one complete image?

Obviously, John has the originals, but I'm wondering if you'd be permitted to put them up on the website at some stage, which I think you may have already explained you intend doing once your attention can return to the website once again.

Cheers ...

H
H
Have we all seen the Facebook message from Gem?

"No doubt there will still be people at the back there muttering "This is all very well, but what about the equally long-awaited collaboration with Robin Guthrie?" Whinge no longer, kids - 'Mirrorball' will be out on Monday 4th of May."

..as already mentioned by Rob in this thread..

Quote:
Meanwhile, the highly anticipated collaboration between John Foxx and Robin Guthrie (entitled Mirrorball) is due to be released on Monday the 4th of May via Metamatic / Universal.

I'll post further details (artwork / track-listing) just as soon they've been confirmed.

Rob

Q
Q
Hello All. Have posted MLC obs.in Introduce Yourself thread.
Don

Blimey! I naff off for a week and all hell breaks loose! Fantastic! Great news! smile

Right - I'll be back in a jiffy - I'm off to pre-order My Lost City from Townsend.

Gazza

Ha ha ha! See what happens when you're back's turned guv! You should go away more often. Thought about your Easter holidays yet?

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Ha ha ha! See what happens when you're back's turned guv! You should go away more often. Thought about your Easter holidays yet?
Dear John,

I'm off to Amsterdam for a week in March - I expect Cinemascope 2 and Tiny Colour Movies 2 on my doorstep when I get back.

Ta, Gazza

Right D - let's hope this works! wink

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.