Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
The music contained on [b]My Lost City is different to the (so far unreleased) Urban Motets album.

Rob [/b]
Thank you Rob! wink

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Enough of the front cover, regarding the contents of My Lost City, JF on myspace had this to say:

Quote:
In terms of style, the album includes early experiments with ideas that would eventually become Cathedral Oceans such as the filmic, synthesizer-driven Imperfect Hymn; one beautiful track is built around piano but also features electronics; others are more tonal, though melody features very strongly throughout My Lost City. Everything is recognisable in other John Foxx projects, yet also unique.
Cannot wait!....Is it true - one month until the release...? :rolleyes:

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Enough of the front cover, regarding the contents of My Lost City, JF on myspace had this to say:

Quote:
In terms of style, the album includes early experiments with ideas that would eventually become Cathedral Oceans such as the filmic, synthesizer-driven Imperfect Hymn; one beautiful track is built around piano but also features electronics; others are more tonal, though melody features very strongly throughout My Lost City. Everything is recognisable in other John Foxx projects, yet also unique.
Not quite enough of the front cover. Folk will also recognise buildings and such (especially from the "Urban"/"TPOE" sleeve) from the middle picture on the cover of "Systems of Romance". This latest image seems to be overlain with ghosts of buildings - very appropriate. I hadn't even realised it was different.

Ok, enough of the front cover ...

The new cover looks good with the white light spilling out over the buildings.

Yes, it looks much better than the both earlier versions.

Do anyone know which city we can see on the photo?

Ordered.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
I've just heard that [b]My Lost City is available to pre-order from Townsend Records .

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
I assume this was the cover for a CD called "Urban Motets", which you had seen on the old Metamatic site in the past.
So Rob: Is THIS! Urban Motets?
The music on My Lost City is different to what's contained on the (so far unreleased) Urban Motets album.

Quote:
I like this photo a lot. Great cover!
A 'variation' of the front cover image was briefly considered for both The Pleasures of Electricity...

... and Urban Motets.

Rob [/b]

C
C
I'm a bit surprised by the My Lost City cover, although not yet hearing the music maybe it does fit very well, but I had expected something more Gothic and Historical, more in keeping with The Quiet Man, although those black backlit towers certainly make it a dark and foreboding looking place in a Bladerunner/Minority Report vein smile

I've always liked that cover - and I think it matches that 50s style imagery that so often pops up in John's work.

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
I'm a bit surprised by the My Lost City cover, although not yet hearing the music maybe it does fit very well, smile
me too actually. I LOVE the artwork, but it isn't what I was expecting, which was more of a pastoral, overgrown Quiet Man style of thing.

exciting times

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Not quite enough of the front cover. Folk will also recognise buildings and such (especially from the "Urban"/"TPOE" sleeve) from the middle picture on the cover of "Systems of Romance". This latest image seems to be overlain with ghosts of buildings - very appropriate. I hadn't even realised it was different.
Well done! I wondered if someone was going to recognise this as the stock photo used on the front cover of Systems Of Romance (centre image and cropped to the right side only, although the Systems image contains even more of the right side of the photo). Obviously, John(?) has added in the "lost city" ghost buildings in the background and is going with the black and white look, although the photo is originally in colour.

Quote:
Do anyone know which city we can see on the photo?
Hi there, Andreas. It is New York City (Manhattan) and is taken from somewhere to the side of the Brooklyn Bridge (that will actually be the carriageway onto the bridge in the upper foreground). The Woolworth Building is the tall spire on the right with the Transportation Building to its left, although this photo has been vertically 'compressed'. The photo is pre-World Trade Centre as the twin towers would also be visible (in the big space right of centre).

Cheers ...

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.