Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Rodney:
G'day, [b]Rob. How're things? Flat out more than ever I expect! ... smile [/b]
And then some... wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Rodney:
Has META17CD actually been released, or is it still a forthcoming release, as I presume META20CD must be also?
The number 'META17' was assigned to the Dub Terror / Karborn remix of Burning Car, while the number 'META20' was assigned to Cinemascope box set.

Rob

C
C
Brilliant, look forward to hearing the cover version of Jean Michel Jarre's 'Magnetic Fields' and Chris Rea's 'Just Passing Through' - will there be a slide guitar solo???
Cheers

T
T
Good stuff! Not knowing any more about the making of "A Secret Life" (yet), how good it is to see D'Agostino credited as one of the artists.

It's going to be a good and expensive year for releases. I am having to budget this year so it looks like Springsteen's latest (which sounds limp) is going to be the earliest casualty. It just cannot compete against new ones from Morrissey, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, Client and U2 which are all on the horizon (no pun intended).

C
C
A solid start to the year from one of the most creative minds in modern music. wink

Thanks again John!

Chris cool

R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
The number 'META17' was assigned to the [b]Dub Terror / Karborn remix of Burning Car, while the number 'META20' was assigned to Cinemascope box set.[/b]
Thanks for that, Rob, and sorry, I should've realised ... Cinemascope is META20BX, but I completely overlooked the Burning Car Dub Terror/Karborn remix. I was just thinking that I may have missed a couple of the CDs. After all, there have been quite a few!

Cheers ...

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Below is the front cover artwork for My Lost City...

Meanwhile, the highly anticipated collaboration between John Foxx and Robin Guthrie (entitled Mirrorball) is due to be released on Monday the 4th of May via Metamatic / Universal.

I'll post further details (artwork / track-listing) just as soon they've been confirmed.

Rob

Bwahahaaaa! laugh
I knew this one would surface one day! I can't wait to see it for real... beautiful photo, and so perfect for this release - I would imagine.

Great news about the Guthrie collab too - at long last.

Wot? Nothing in April? A whole month without a new album?!?!?!

Just kidding..this is all quite overwhelming.

Does "My Lost City" belong in the "Cathedral Oceans" or "Tiny Colour Movies" thread?
Or is it yet another thread entirely?

(I'm using the term "thread" as in multitasking/multithreading)

Samples required!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Below is the front cover artwork for [b]My Lost City...

[/b]
Rob,
Wasn't this the original artwork for "The Pleasures of Electricity"?

Paul

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.