Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 378 of 753 1 2 376 377 378 379 380 752 753
T
T
Micah P Hinson & the Red Empire Orchestra (same)
The Black Heart Procession "Three"
Mono "Walking cloud and deep red sky, Flag fluttered and the sun shined"

David Bowie - The Man Who Sold the World

Sting - The Soul Cages

Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
Sting - The Soul Cages
Another fantastic Sting album. Arguably in the top 3 of his albums for me. A sombre and moody yet somehow beautiful set of songs. I haven't ben able to listen to it for a while...

M
M
Bill Nelson - Wah-Wah Galaxy

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
[b] Sting - The Soul Cages
Another fantastic Sting album. Arguably in the top 3 of his albums for me. A sombre and moody yet somehow beautiful set of songs. I haven't ben able to listen to it for a while... [/b]
This is my favourite Sting album, mind you I only really listen to this one and "The Dream of the Blue Turtles." He kind of lost me after "Fields of Gold". Not entirely sure why ...

I think it stands up after all this time (no pun intended) because it's such a personal album that was heavily influenced by his fathers death in 1987. He also had a fantastic band that supported it live - two different tours (one completely acoustic, one more arena and rock based). A very creative period for him that really established him as a seriously adept musician that could hold his own.

The follow up to Soul Cages, 'Ten Summoners Tales', isn't a bad album. If you strip away 'Fields of Gold' from it, it's a lot deeper musically and subject wise than that song gives away.

smile

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
iSelect - David Bowie . Missed out on the Mail on Sunday so I had to go to eBay. There's nothing new here apart from possibly a new mix of Time Will Crawl , however I simply bought it for the fact that David himself selected the tracks. The stand out track for me is Lady Grinning Soul. Hadn't heard this one in years and still remains one of his most beautiful ballads. It was a perfect way to close the glam-rock album Aladdin Sane .

Chris wink

Here we go - The other Side of Metalbeat

Just dropped through my letterbox
cool cool
Brian

Administrator
Administrator
Ian Dury & The Blockheads

First 'up' Mr Love Pants which is probably the pinnacle of his career. Contains two of the best songs he ever wrote in 'Geraldine' and 'Cack-a-Boom'

Followed by the posthumous Ten More Turnips from the Tip among which you will find the gem that is 'It Ain't Cool'.

Guaranteed to cheer up any wet weekend cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 378 of 753 1 2 376 377 378 379 380 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.