Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 376 of 753 1 2 374 375 376 377 378 752 753
Autechre: Amber

The Automatic,This is a Fix

Jem - 'Finally Woken' and the new single 'Amazing'

Six By Seven: Live At Glastonbury 2008

Lots of Captain Beefheart over the last few days, mostly the Grow Fins box set, oh and a Velevet Underground bootleg Live At The Gymnasium

Prince 'Musicology'

smile

Administrator
Administrator
CATHEDRAL OCEANS III

Rare time out this evening in my old Church. I am SO privileged to have the luxury of this facility, and John's finest work through the full PA/mixing desk/amp set up.

All by myself. Sublime. and LOUD.

I don't think I've really appreciated the subtleties of this album properly before, or the soundtrack qualities of Fog Structures and Eternity Sunrise - particularly that buzzing, zeppelin-engine thrum that runs throughout the former giving you a real sense of movement. Sounds almost like it comes from a Tiny Colour Movie... Evocative music, enhanced by the erratic 'spaces' as if someone's hand is passing over the speakers. I was struck too by the complexity of City of Endless Stairways but also (surprisingly) by the apparent 'under-production' of Harmonia Mundi which sounds surprisingly flat played on a big system, but was previously my favourite.

This now has to be Metanym which has a beautiful sense of closure and completeness. There's a clue in the title...

It strikes me every time I play this album that the last track would make an absolutely perfect precursor to Film One, bringing the circle just.

Super stuff. Sorry to ramble.... :rolleyes:

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Currently playing Ennio Morricone: The Mission. Bet that would sound great in your church Martin.

John Lennon - 'Watching The Wheels'. Beautiful song, beautiful.

frown

Kate Bush - The Whole Story

Page 376 of 753 1 2 374 375 376 377 378 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.