Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 369 of 753 1 2 367 368 369 370 371 752 753
David Bowie - Hunky Dory

The Feeling - 'Join With Us' and 'Live at the iTunes Festival, London July 2008'

Troy Tate: Sorrow

This is the first time I've heard anything by him and it's quite good. Knew of Tate from the Teardrops and producing the first unreleased Smiths album but not as a solo artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxuHhiwEZx8

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Gaz Vanhill:
[QB] Troy Tate: Sorrow
Got the album on vinyl but haven't played it for 20 years. Used to love the title track but not much else. Don't think I'll ever get another record player so not sure I'll ever reassess it.

I've been listening to DATA - 'Opera Electronica'. Dated more like, this ain't a Metamatic. Even so, it's good fun in places.

Today Eurythmics Sweet Dreams laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Today Eurythmics Sweet Dreams laugh
I have them in the ipod, along with 't-pau', 'belinda carlisle', and abba' listed under the guilty pleasures genre. wink laugh

Been an afternoon of NIN for me. smile

John Foxx/Louis Gordon: From Trash

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Quote:
[b] Today Eurythmics Sweet Dreams laugh
I have them in the ipod, along with 't-pau', 'belinda carlisle', and abba' listed under the guilty pleasures genre. wink laugh

Been an afternoon of NIN for me. smile [/b]
They are all my 80s guilty pleasures as well Ken.

I've seen Belinda live twice at the Robin Bilston in the last 5 tears.She was bloody excellent laugh

Quote:
They are all my 80s guilty pleasures as well Ken.
Pleased to hear it. I almost thought i said too much. shocked smile

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Associates: The Glamour Chase/Perhaps, Perhaps (the Lost Tape), BBC Sessions, Sulk and Singles . Fantastic band. Made first contact with Alan Rankine. If I can quote what he said:

"hi chris you're pretty much on the money synclavier prophet 5 seq circ oberheims a jangle piano on party fears but i've got to say we bought hired just about anything going then fucked with the sound as we felt was best at the time

cheers alan"

I replied saying that "Those experiments with synths were amazing.....You are a very complete artist who can play guitar, bass guitar, synths, program sequencers and drum patterns, produce and write music."

That's a guy I would like to work with in addition to John of course. Now where's my piano lessons book! :rolleyes:

Perhaps I should join his course at Stow College. An all rounder indeed.

Bowie : Best of Bowie (German edition); Strangers When We Meet.

It's curious how Billy Mackenzie opened and closed his career with two Bowie numbers: Boys Keep Swinging and Wild is the Wind . Everybody liked Billy so no copyright issues. Keep it this way David please. "It's better this way". wink

Chris wink

Page 369 of 753 1 2 367 368 369 370 371 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.