Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 361 of 753 1 2 359 360 361 362 363 752 753
Peter Gabriel this morning - Us and So...

Ultravox - Rage in Eden.

smile

Martha & The Muffins Danseparc and Brian Eno and David Byrne My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
[b] I was hoping to be listening to the new issue of Santa Monica '72 by now, but it's out of stock in all the local shops. I hadn't realised it was such a limited edition! Anyway Amazon appears to have saved the day...... smile
Oh, really? I wasn't under the impression it was limited. [/b]
It showed up in the stores here last week. The sticker on it does say 'limited edition' but there are plenty of copies on the shelves due to the ridiculously high price for it.

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
[b]
Quote:
[b] I was hoping to be listening to the new issue of Santa Monica '72 by now, but it's out of stock in all the local shops. I hadn't realised it was such a limited edition! Anyway Amazon appears to have saved the day...... smile
Oh, really? I wasn't under the impression it was limited. [/b]
It showed up in the stores here last week. The sticker on it does say 'limited edition' but there are plenty of copies on the shelves due to the ridiculously high price for it. [/b]
It was priced at £11.99 in the shops, which I thought was very cheap, especially for a fancy box thingy.

My copy still hasn't arrived.

Administrator
Administrator
Trans Europe Express - Kraftwerk
The Man Machine - Kraftwerk
Radio Activity - Kraftwerk

Probably because I got Wolfgang Flur's autobiography for my birthday.
Impressed - this was the independent choice and purchase of my 13 yr old daughter. Seems she hears, even if she doesn't appear to listen.
There is hope cool

My local Oxfam Music has "Ralf and Florian" on vinyl for £26.99. Wondering if I should treat myself...`?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
My local Oxfam Music has "Ralf and Florian" on vinyl for £26.99. Wondering if I should treat myself...`?
No -- not at that price! If you're interested either look on ebay or ask me for a copy. It's clearly a listen-before-you-buy purchase. You could be disappointed.

I bought it on ebay last year after re-reading Kraftwerk's biography. It makes a lot of sense to hear and it's quite unusual - although bearing very little resemblence to the band they would become, barring one track.

This morning it's been a selection of Mr Bowie for me - in anticipation of my copy of Santa Monica '72 which should be with me hopefully today or tomorrow...

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
No -- not at that price! If you're interested either look on ebay or ask me for a copy. It's clearly a listen-before-you-buy purchase. You could be disappointed.

I bought it on ebay last year after re-reading Kraftwerk's biography. It makes a lot of sense to hear and it's quite unusual - although bearing very little resemblence to the band they would become, barring one track.
Thanks for your advice. Kraftwerk are another of those bands who became progressively less interesting with each release I think. Backwards through their catalogue is the way to go.

I don't do ebay...

I know the album I quoted was expensive - but there is some value added by having that super cover on a big piece of cardboard. And the disc itself is about 5mm thick!
Beautiful piece of stuff... Reminds me of my first purchase of Metamatic

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Well I paid a couple of quid or the CD version, and I'm glad it wasn't any more! I'm happy I have it though.

I like all of Kraftwerk's albums - each has its own merit. I see what you mean about them getting less interesting; though personally I get the most pleasure out of The Man Machine and Computer World. I've recently really got into TEE too.

However I will strictly defend their 1988 album Electric Café - although it sounds typical of its time in terms of when it was released, technologically it was quite ahead of its time, as much of it was recorded in the early 80s - so they were doing the sampling thing before everybody else.

But that's not my point - musically I find that album extremely enjoyable. Long, groovy pieces. The most 'human' Kraftwerk album.

Page 361 of 753 1 2 359 360 361 362 363 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.