Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 338 of 753 1 2 336 337 338 339 340 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by robert:
Anyone one who has heard nik kershaws albums 15 minutes (1999), to be frank (2001) and lasts years youve got to laugh would not be cringing and would be talking top songwriting class not cheesy 80s synth riffs. :p
Can I remind you that Nik Kershaw also wrote the Chesney Hawkes "Classic" " The One and Only...

GAAA!!!!! (Run away...)

From Trash

B
B
Oceanic -- John (lovely song this is).

B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Radium Girl:
Githead- Profile
I love Githead --

Midge Ure 'Intimate Moments II' (please, God help me...) and Peter Gabriel 'Hit'.

The Archive
The Archive
Today it's been Laurie Anderson's United States in preparation for seeing her at the Salisbury City Hall this evening... Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah...

Rob

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, have a good gig tonight! Her work has always interested me but I only have the Anthology. Don't know much about her or even that she was still releasing stuff and touring.

She has a lovely voice.

Today I've been listening to Metal Beat for only the second time. It's a very interesting interview, although the sound levels are a bit inconsistent - I find it to be a very quiet recording - until Steve guffaws with laughter!

I'd forgotten all about some of those wonderful demo tracks - if only they'd put the full version of the No-One Driving demo.

Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough

(it's on the radio) ..what a crackin' track tho.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, have a good gig tonight! Her work has always interested me but I only have the Anthology. Don't know much about her or even that she was still releasing stuff and touring.

She has a lovely voice.
I saw her a few weeks ago at the Barbican in London - tonight will be the fifth time I've seen her in concert.

The first time was back in 1986 - the Natural History show at the Hammersmith Odeon, London on Sunday the 25th of May - and after the show I was lucky enough to be able to take the following photo...

This was the very first time I saw Laurie - and for whatever reason I thought I'd chance my arm and take along my camera! I'd used up all of my film during the show - venues didn't seem to object to you taking photos back then - and so I had nothing left when the show ended. Of course there was NO WAY I would ever be able to meet her... But, as you can see, I did - and so I advanced the mechanism on the camera which enabled me to take this pic. It's a 'double-exposure' with the four chairs at the front of the stage 'behind' Laurie - all things considered, I'm absolutely amazed that it came out... laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I'd forgotten all about some of those wonderful demo tracks - if only they'd put the full version of the No-One Driving demo.
Ah, you never know - it may still get released...

Rob

That's a wonderful photograph - the double exposure works a treat. Strangely appropriate.

What are her live shows like?

I was introduced to her music through my love of Peter Gabriel's - her vocal on his Excellent Birds track got me interested, and through his work I started to learn more about hers, which is why I bought the Anthology pack when it came out.

However I can't say I'm such a fan of her music itself; only a small number of the tracks on the CDs really appealed to me, yet I still I found it all most fascinating. I haven't played it in ages - really must give it a spin.

Page 338 of 753 1 2 336 337 338 339 340 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.