Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 332 of 753 1 2 330 331 332 333 334 752 753
David Bowie - 'Live At The Beeb'.

smile

I was listening to "the drowned world" by Spectral Response again this morning. I REALLY like that.

www.myspace.com/spectralresponse

David Bowie - "Heroes"

I'm continuing my five-year catching-up-with-David-Bowie plan .. one album per year; last year Low, next year Bahnhof zum Bahnhof...

Only one a year??!!

Today, it's Roger Waters 'Radio K.A.O.S'...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Only one a year??!!
Yes, as I imagine they were released one per year ..no? Have to check that, but that's probably about the time I need to 'absorb' a 'new' album these days.

Ah, I se. Well it was nearly one a year – Low and Heroes both came out in '77. That must have been a good year for Bowie fans.

Had an iPod full of Foxx on the way to work this morning... although right now I'm inspired to play some Peter Gabriel.

eeek . .sorry Bowie-ites but just read that Station to Station is before Low . .have to get into some kind of time warp mode next year, or do you suggest I plod on regardless?

Station to Station was indeed released just prior to Low - but in many ways they both relate to The Man Who Fell to Earth, and Bowie's state of mind during '76. So I reckon you can still go for that one next.

Some Of The Interesting Things You'll See On A Long-Distance Flight a CD re-issue of a Crepuscule 1982 tour album, all tracks were recorded live.

First 4 tracks are poetry readings by Richard Jobson...well...if you’ve heard him on From Brussels With Love you can imagine...oh dear...I have to bear in mind that he was only 21-22 years old at the time. The Durutti Column sound as beautiful/the same as usual, Paul Haig doesn't I'm afraid.

I really like Paul Haig but this just doesn’t work here - you can almost hear his Bowie trousers rubbing together with glee...awful, awful, awful...

However, the 'electro-samba' trio Antena made me smile with their version of ‘The Boy From Ipanema’ – which sounds weirdly modern in a Ladytron/Chicks On Speed kind of way.

Still ploughing through the rest. There's some interludes by some 'crazy Belgian' *sigh* calling himself Raving Lunatic...what with him and Jobson this album could be the most pretentious 80s album ever...oh no, wait a minute,that award will forever be laid at the feet of Dali's Car.

Page 332 of 753 1 2 330 331 332 333 334 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.