Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 329 of 753 1 2 327 328 329 330 331 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by Gavin:
Japan: Oil On Canvas. On vinyl LP! eek
Blimey Gavin - your brave! laugh I only ever stick the CD edition on these days!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
With all of the talk about David Byrne
... I would like to wish him a Happy Birthday today !

Quote:
Originally posted by Gavin:
Japan: Oil On Canvas. On vinyl LP! eek
Phew all that 'turning over' malarkey .. too much like hard work.

Me: Ultravox - Rage in Eden (bloody awful artwork version) .. when's that re.master thing coming out ?

I have a working turntable and lots of classic vinyls but cannot bring myself to actually play them.

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
I have a working turntable and lots of classic vinyls but cannot bring myself to actually play them.
I can.

Would you Adam 'N' Eve it? I'm listening to A New Kind of Man today - that version of '030' still sends shivers up the spine.

I am listening to Kraftwerk: Minimum Maximum

Administrator
Administrator
My Favourite Kind of Irrelevence A Metamatics and Norken Retrospective Collection

Superb double CD comes with Lee Norris's quirky IDM anthology and a second disc of ambient choons... :p

Includes his critically acclaimed, breakthrough version of Personal Jesus, and the radio edit of Free Robot.
Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time the radio edit version has been made available on CD?

One for the discography

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I'm about to listen to The Pleasures Of Electricity again. When it first came out it was a bit of a disappointment for me. A bit too Kraftwerk inspired for me (although I really dig Kraftwerk). But strangely enough it keeps haunting me. And now it's my favourite 'driving-album' ... :rolleyes:

Administrator
Administrator
Interesting you should say that. For some time, I have considered this to be John's second weakest album, and the least inspiring thing he's done with Louis.

But but, nothing is linear and what comes around, goes around.
I still can't find the bloody disc, but iTunes keeps throwing 'Camera' at me

I'm seeing it all very differently now.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 329 of 753 1 2 327 328 329 330 331 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.