Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 323 of 753 1 2 321 322 323 324 325 752 753
Hmm, I might investigate this. I got gradually put off NIN by foul language in their songs and too much noise, when he's surely capable of making good, electronic/industrial music.

Ok chaps . .I'll go for it. I know nothing about them or the music so I'm going in carte blanche .. .. like a vir-gin .woooo!..oops sorry.

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:

I've not listened to NIN since 'Downward Spiral' so this was a nice suprise
You have missed alot then. Trent's music has come light-years from The Downward Spiral (my least favorite).

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Quote:
[b]
I've not listened to NIN since 'Downward Spiral' so this was a nice suprise
You have missed alot then. Trent's music has come light-years from The Downward Spiral (my least favorite). [/b]
Hi Maryann,

I really liked 'The Downward Spiral' and was a big fan of NIN back then, but the long gap to 'The Fragile' was just too long and I found that album to be very underwhelming. Also, there was only so much ranting and raging that I could put up with from Reznor - it just seemed so pale when compared to Throbbing Gristle for example.

Having said that, my friends who continued listening to NIN tell me that I haven't missed much but that 'With Teeth' was a return to form. 'The Slip' is the first time I've listened to NIN since 'The Fragile' so I might give 'With Teeth' a listen as well.

Mike Oldfield - 'QE2'

Quote:
[QB] I really liked 'The Downward Spiral' and was a big fan of NIN back then, but the long gap to 'The Fragile' was just too long and I found that album to be very underwhelming. /QB]
I know what you mean about the long gap. I lost interest and then I heard With Teeth and Year Zero. I alternate between which one I think is the best.

For the early NIN, I would go with Pretty Hate Machine.

OK I'm on with "The Slip" now. Not really my sort of thing any more.I prefer their earlier work, but it's not bad for a free album.

Bowie:Space Oddity eek

Tangerine Dream: Exit

Nirvana - 'Unplugged.....'

Page 323 of 753 1 2 321 322 323 324 325 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.